Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netgear WNR2000 problems with UPC

Options
  • 03-07-2009 7:03am
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience in drop outs using this? I've only recently gotten UPC, and chose the option with the wireless router. Frequently recently the wireless network has disappeared. I've checked on both laptops in the house, several wireless phones, ps3, and wii, so I don't think it's on the client end. Just like the network stops broadcasting.

When this happens I can get internet access through a wired connection to the WNR2000. The only solution seems to be to reboot both the upc modem, and the netgear. It's becoming a pain.

I checked netgear's faq for this modem, and it does say that Dect phones should be kept a minimum of three feet away from it. I've done this, and it is still dropping.

Using WPA2 and broadcasting the network. Laptops on xp pro and vista.

I'll call UPC support this evening to see if they have any idea. I'm not using the Siemens gigaset handset currently, but a panasonic dect phone.

Thanks

Mark

Advertisement