Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 Free Fiver Friday

• 03-07-2009 8:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭

Top up by €20 or more online, via 1749 or via the banks on Friday and get €5 extra credit.

Expires entertainingly enough on 07/08/09

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Where did you see this as I don't see it on the website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

Where did you see this as I don't see it on the website?

Front of this morning's Metro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭alanucc

Is this confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Saucey-Susie

yup - i just added 20 euro credit onto my phone via the 02 website and i have 25 now! happy days :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I can confirm that it works!! Just got credit on AIB online banking. Thanks OP, was down to zero credit anyway and just topped up by 20 and got 25!!:):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

O2 text me on their offers as a rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Yep, it works. Thanks long_b!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭novice

Free_fiver_01_588x142.jpg
    alanucc wrote: »
    Is this confirmed?

Yep, on O2's website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Bastards. Just topped up yesterday :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

Thread kind of got hijacked but I posted about this yesterday, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055609653

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭A P

Thanks OP - I presume you can't top up repeatedly on a Friday and get an extra €5 each time? I hope I'm wrong!

Edit. just checked the O2 forum - it can be done repeatedly. Just topped up by another €20 and got €5 extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

A P wrote: »
    Thanks OP - I presume you can't top up repeatedly on a Friday and get an extra €5 each time? I hope I'm wrong!

You can at the moment yes, if it gets raped they may put a stop to it. :)

steve 0 wrote: »
    Thread kind of got hijacked but I posted about this yesterday, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055609653

Apologies Steve O - did a search for the offer name but didn't find owt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭jc7

Got a text from 50202 today, that this has changed to min €30 top up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

Free_fiver_588x142.jpg

Not a bargain anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭askU

long_b wrote: »
    Top up by €20 or more online, via 1749 or via the banks on Friday and get €5 extra credit.

Expires entertainingly enough on 07/08/09

the 7th Aug and then they go changing it to €30????!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

jc7 wrote: »
    Got a text from 50202 today, that this has changed to min €30 top up.

Got that text too:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

lindtee wrote: »
    Got that text too:mad::mad:

Ditto. I did a couple of €20's a couple of weeks ago - shoulda done more. Maybe it's my antics that made them put up the minimum. :o

Ah, sure it's better than a kick in the groin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mitabrev

im not sure if this belongs here but if you have pigsback account you'll get 500 points equivalent to E5 when you top up by 20.

http://www.pigsback.com/pages/3/308/2593.aspx?pbq=4127%2c4127%2cVOVSR

im soooooooooo annoyed with this!! how greedy can a company be!!! to advertise 1 thing and then when people are topping up loads, to then up it by €10!! GRR
    i have just emailed them to ask why and i would recommend everyone asking why!!! Show them how tight they are being!

• Advertisement

Vodafone did something similar with their "free credit with a top up" offer.

Started with 4 for a 20 top up then went up to 6 for a 30.

If Vodafone jumped off a cliff would ... oh never mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

It strikes me that anyone that read their website last week when it said "a fiver if you top up by 20 until 7th august" could have a legitimate complaint if they topped up today assuming quite reasonably that what they read on the website last week would stand.

Using Googles cache of the O2 online forum:

"Top up with €20 online through O2.ie, your bank or by calling 1749 and recieve €5 extra credit every Friday until the 7th of August"

You should be entitled to rely on that statement up to and including 7th August REGARDLESS of any change of mind they may try to have.

Edit: From their terms and conditions (but I still think you could have a good argument with them on the basis of fairness)

"O2 reserves the right to extend, suspend or terminate this promotion or amend these terms and conditions at any time for any valid technical, operational or commercial reason"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

It strikes me that anyone that read their website last week when it said "a fiver if you top up by 20 until 7th august" could have a legitimate complaint if they topped up today assuming quite reasonably that what they read on the website last week would stand.

Using Googles cache of the O2 online forum:
    "Top up with €20 online through O2.ie, your bank or by calling 1749 and recieve €5 extra credit every Friday until the 7th of August"

You should be entitled to rely on that statement up to and including 7th August REGARDLESS of any change of mind they may try to have.

Edit: From their terms and conditions (but I still think you could have a good argument with them on the basis of fairness)
    "O2 reserves the right to extend, suspend or terminate this promotion or amend these terms and conditions at any time for any valid technical, operational or commercial reason"
    I'm not a lawyer but I'd say there could be grounds for arguing some sort of pretense, after just 1 Friday the offer has changed with no notice given to most users. In addition if you've topped up by €20 today, topping up by €10 more will not work - it has to be by €30 or more in one go according to their forum http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=64379&postcount=27
    The new offer is decent but not compared to the original and the way they've gone about it is a joke.

As posted on Friday, I emailed them to see why they changed their terms for the last 3 Fridays, the email i got back said they would be in tough within 72 hours.... 72 hours later and nothing.

mitabrev wrote: »
    im not sure if this belongs here but if you have pigsback account you'll get 500 points equivalent to E5 when you top up by 20.

http://www.pigsback.com/pages/3/308/2593.aspx?pbq=4127%2c4127%2cVOVSR

It doesnt say any thing on the pigsback website about topping up by €20 !?

Is this o2 free fiver freday still on offer? It says nothing on the website ab out it anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭jc7

as per post #1, ends 07/08/09

Advertisement