Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Options?

Options
  • 03-07-2009 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭

My current credit card with AIB is expiring next month. It a Mastercard.

I got this 3 years ago when in college hence I still have student rates :D even though I finish college 3 years ago!!

But anyways - what happens now? Will AIB send me out a new card with higher rates? Do I have to approach them about getting a new card etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Will they not just re-issue the card with a new expiry date??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

dlambirl wrote: »
    Will they not just re-issue the card with a new expiry date??

I have no idea??

do I have to contact them for another card or will they just send one out soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

thewools wrote: »
    I have no idea??

do I have to contact them for another card or will they just send one out soon?

They send a new one about 2/3 weeks before the old one expires...

They send a new one about 2/3 weeks before the old one expires...

I presume it will be another mastercard then?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Should be unless they've communicated otherwise to you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

If you are comfortable using Internet Banking, you can apply online for their Click card. It has the best rates (8.5% I believe), almost half of what you are on at the moment.

If you don't apply for a specific card, I imagine they would send you out their standard card (the "Be" card) which has a similar rate to what you are currently on.

See more here and here.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

They will re-issue you a studet mastercard ;)
    I got mine in first year college and they still re-issue it every year even though I left college 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

jen_23 wrote: »
    They will re-issue you a studet mastercard ;)
    I got mine in first year college and they still re-issue it every year even though I left college 2 years ago.

You should switch to one of their better cards so.

dotsman wrote: »
    If you are comfortable using Internet Banking, you can apply online for their Click card. It has the best rates (8.5% I believe), almost half of what you are on at the moment.

If you don't apply for a specific card, I imagine they would send you out their standard card (the "Be" card) which has a similar rate to what you are currently on.

See more here and here.

Yea i use intenet banking all the time!!!

So Click seems to be the best sure - but how come not everybody goes with the lowest interest rate card?? If someone had a choice why pick any of the others??? :confused:

Advertisement