If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

small lcd and hdd recorder advice sought

• 03-07-2009 10:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Good day richersounds crew,

Im looking to get a 19-22 inch good quality lcd for my
    parents kitchen and combine it with a hdd recorder. They currently
    have a chorus multichannel box and crt tv setup in there. Basically i
    need the a hdd recorder that will be compatible with the chorus
    connection and a decent quality tv to go with. The simplest to use hdd
    recorder the better as my folks arent the most technically minded.
    Will you recommend a few options for tv and recorder and prices etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Jmorrisey

I can recommend a couple of Philips compact LCD TV's

First up the new 19PFL3404.
    This is a great little 19" LCD TV which we should see towards the mid to end of the month.
    Pretty much has all you need in a compact TV. It comes with a table top stand or can be wall mounted on a variety of optional wall mounts.
    Teletext is present (does anyone still use that??)
    You get a HDMI, Scart and RF inputs
    You even get a remote control.
    I expect this to sell for €229.99

You can find all the spec here -
    www.p4c.philips.com/files/1/19pfl3404_12/19pfl3404_12_pss_eng.pdf

Next up in screen size is the 22PFL3404 22" LCD Screen which shares the same features as it's smaller sibling. This is due (fingers crossed) end of next week. This will sell for €319.99
    Spec below -
    www.p4c.philips.com/files/2/22pfl3404_12/22pfl3404_12_pss_eng.pdf

I cant help you on the DVDR front as Philips no longer make these devices.
    My recomendation would be to have a chat to the lads in Richer Belfast as they still carry these devices - although I believe they are getting rearer now..
    Check out Post 17 here - John as a few clearence DVD R machines that may take your fancy
    HUGE PRE-STOCKTAKE CLEARANCE LIST

Cheers
    Ash

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

JM & Ash,

Many thanks for the posts and apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Unfortunately at the moment DVR's suitable for the ROi are thin on the ground as most UK recorders are now exclusively Freeview and the system in the ROI is different ( VHF & MPEG4)

I would expect the next generation of DVR we will have available will in the main be suitable for MPEG4 & Freeview & UHF/VHF - however at the moment the only one I have that will suit you is the Pioneer DVR560 at £299.95 or the DVRLX61 at £319.95 - these are both freeview and UHF/VHF and will record off air in the ROI.

Thanks again for the posts and please do drop me a mail if I can assist in any way,

Best regards,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭piaget

Can recommend the Pioneer, I bought the 550 from John last summer and its just brilliant.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.