Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Made an NCT booking - earliest time was November!!!

• 03-07-2009 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

I've been weighing up the pros and cons of replacing my car - 2005 Renault Megane Hatch with 25,000 miles on the clock - and was none too pleased at being offered just €7,000 for a trade in.

So the NCT was due this week (first registered in July 2005) and when I didn't get any letter from the NCTS (which I did years ago on previous cars and my father also got a letter notifying him for his test last month), I went online to make a booking. However, after trying 5 different test centres, the earliest appointment I could get was 7 November next. Now I heard that the cops will be stopping cars 4 years and older that don't display NCT discs and there's the threat of penalty points etc. Now that I've made a booking and I've got a print out of this in my car, am I safe enough or will I still get hassle from the cops due to the delay of 4 months in testing my car?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Was another thread on this a while ago dave. They are completely swamped, due to penalty points being brought in.

The dont send out a letter any more (or dont have to) - which seem stupid to me - but some ppl think its fine.

If you want a sooner nct, you need to ring looking for ppl who have dropped out or choose a different test center. Otherwise just keep your booking confirmation and I doubt you will be done.

EDIT : Just twigged that you got November!!. Thats a hell of a wait. I booked mine in June and got July @fonthill. Deansgrange (where I normally go) was completely booked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 lauramcp

i rang up and booked one and they gave me november,
    then i sent in a email inquiry not looking for a test and they gave me 3 different test within the next 3 weeks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

keep ringing
    worked for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Rang this morning and got 15th July (which I declined due to work being done on my car and the expiry date isn't until 24th July).

They then offered me 15th August and the lady told me that she'd send a confirmation letter by post.

November would have been the next available date.

Advertisement