Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm off to the Isle of Man!

• 03-07-2009 11:12am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So Long Suckers! About to head to get the boat for a long weekend on Craggy Island! One of my best mates lives over there and both him and his brother have bikes, so heading over on the bike to do some nice riding of the TT track whilst trying not to kill myself!

I was trying to make it over for the TT but could not make it, but it should be great fun anyway wit the three of us. Hope the weather holds out, forecast was not that great.

Anyone ever been? I'll let you know how I get on when I get back
    :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

B*stard!

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Keep it on the gravelly stuff! Get some videos and/or pics!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

Sweet! Sounds like fun. My friend is really into bikes nowadays and wants to head over sometime when he gets his bike sorted. How much would a trip like that cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Zascar wrote: »
    So Long Suckers! About to head to get the boat for a long weekend on Craggy Island! One of my best mates lives over there and both him and his brother have bikes, so heading over on the bike to do some nice riding of the TT track whilst trying not to kill myself!

I was trying to make it over for the TT but could not make it, but it should be great fun anyway wit the three of us. Hope the weather holds out, forecast was not that great.

Anyone ever been? I'll let you know how I get on when I get back

How do you report a post?

If ever a post needed to be reported, this one is it!

This is very unfair - why did we not get invited?

Have fun, enjoy and stay safe.

See you on Wednesday :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

enjoy yourself and come back in one piece. Few cool pics be deadly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lol sorry no invites this time, I'll let u know for the next one. Cost me €130 return on the boat, not too bad, takes3 hours. Boat only goes once in a blue moon though. Will get pics and report back soon
    :-D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Lol sorry no invites this time, I'll let u know for the next one. Cost me €130 return on the boat, not too bad, takes3 hours. Boat only goes once in a blue moon though. Will get pics and report back soon
    :-D

Nice one ;)

I'd love to head over myself but I'm still on a nooby licence :mad:

I'll let you know how I get on when I get back

How'd you get on? :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Great trip, had a brilliant time. First two days it was raining unfortunately so did not do too much biking, but luckily the 3rd day was absolutely perfect so we were out all day long. Savage roads, especially the mountain road. Didn't Push too hard but certainly got up to some speeds in places - and lots of big long roads where you can see for miles so you can take the racing line and lean right into the corners. It would be all to easy to misjudge a corner and it would all go horribly wrong though, so you have to hold back - but its tempting to give it all. The TT track is cool and watching this video really boggles the mind as to how these guys do it. They average something like 130mph around the entire track.

Definitely recommended!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

The Isle of Man - does anyone really know where it is?

:confused:

• Advertisement

I know where it is... but I've never met anyone from there. As far as I know the place is inhabited solely by birds for 51 weeks of the year.

Sounds like a great trip Zascar, would love to spend a couple of weeks there and take in the TT.

TT is 2 weeks of madness, I definitely want to go next year. You have to book well in advance though due to demand etc. Accommocation is very hard to find last minute.

Advertisement