Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE v Firefox index.html issue

Options
  • 03-07-2009 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭

I think this might be a very simple question but I can not find the answer to it.

Does anyone know why a website url will work correctly in IE but not in Firefox ?

The site is on IIS7 7

www.url.com opens in IE but for some reason firefox needs www.url.com/index.html

Firefox pointed at www.url.com shows an old out of date and broken index.html. firefox if pointed to www.url.com/index.html will display correctly.

The thing is, I can not find the old broken index.html anywhere looking in or under www_root. Does anyone have any ideas on which folder/file firefox is using instead of the (for IE the default) wwwroot /index.html ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Morlar wrote: »
    Firefox pointed at www.url.com shows an old out of date and broken index.html. firefox if pointed to www.url.com/index.html will display correctly.

Have you cleared Firefox's cache ? It can be problematic when testing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Have you cleared Firefox's cache ? It can be problematic when testing.

I thought it was set to clear automatically each time I exited the browser but apparently not !

Thanks for that! ! It works :)

Advertisement