Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Splitting this forum

• 03-07-2009 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

TO The Powers above,

As this forum is gaining momentum is it possible to split it into say Game, Sea Angling and Course.

Comments appreciated from others?

regards

S

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

dont think there is enough traffic on this forum to justify splitting it tbh

but maybe there is a way that posts can be tagged as either game sea coarse or general waffle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

i dont thin theres enough traffic either so theres not TBH but fair play for suggesting.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Like the other said, I'm not sure if there's enough traffic yet to split it out, but it definitely has been growing which is great to see. As it stands while I'm mainly interested in game fishing, I like seeing threads about sea and coarse because I'd try them the odd time too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Yeah its something I've been considering for a while, but I dont want to lose the momentum that's flowing at the moment.

Great danger that if we split the posts out, things may slow.

I'm open to all ideas though - as you say, its great to see it finally starting to get busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

don't split it as i'm as interested in sea as game.

but i still think that a nonsense thread for poor posts and questions might be a good idea, call it an 'at the bar at the anglers rest' thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Also perhaps would it be possible for a forum dedicated to the frequent - "i'm new to fishing" thread with everything else going into the main Angling forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

Good idea Seafields as it is always a big step for someone new to fishing to ask questions for fear of sounding silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

Or how about a "Home from fishing thread" with no real theme but people can post up anything they may want to about their days fishing. Observations, hatches, catches etc..... I would often have something I'd like to comment on after coming home from the river but it wouldn't always be worth of a new thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Tinytony wrote: »
    Or how about a "Home from fishing thread" with no real theme but people can post up anything they may want to about their days fishing. Observations, hatches, catches etc..... I would often have something I'd like to comment on after coming home from the river but it wouldn't always be worth of a new thread.

There is a never ending thread in the Beer Guts and Receding Hairlines forum - "the bar is now open". Something like that would do the job here me thinks - general chat, observations, stories, without actually having a specific theme. Anything fishing like! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

brilliant idea, oh, if only i had thought of it, say, about 4 posts up, quite brilliant indeed! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement