Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Five Kittens Abandoned in my mother's garden

Options
  • 03-07-2009 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, pretty much what it says on the tin.

My sister found five kittens abandoned in my mam's garden.

Obviously, five kittens is too many for my mother to take on, unless she wants to become the crazy cat lady. :p

She already has one cat which was a rescue about five or six years ago, so she might take one of them on.

What about the rest?

My sister rang a vet, and she suggested calling Cat Aid. Who are they? She is waiting for a call back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

Hi Des. Cats Aid are based in Dublin. I was in contact with them a few weeks ago about some feral cats and they said they are chocabloc with requests at the moment. They don't have a shelter so depend on foster homes for the cats and kittens.

You could try getting in touch with your local SPCA.

If the kittens are old enough to be rehomed take a pic and post it in the Homes Wanted thread, everyone in this forum seems to have gone cat mad recently (including myself! :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Fletch123 wrote: »
    Hi Des. Cats Aid are based in Dublin. I was in contact with them a few weeks ago about some feral cats and they said they are chocabloc with requests at the moment. They don't have a shelter so depend on foster homes for the cats and kittens.

Thanks for that info
    You could try getting in touch with your local SPCA.
    She's just calling the ISPCA now, see what they say.
    If the kittens are old enough to be rehomed take a pic and post it in the Homes Wanted thread, everyone in this forum seems to have gone cat mad recently (including myself! :) )
    How old is old enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

Well, from what some of the cat experts on this forum say, 8-10weeks. Do they seem healthy enough? Are they tame?

I've only been chatting to my sister on-line this morning, so I've not been around there. I probably won't be this weekend either. So I can't answer those questions, sorry.

They are camped up in between two walls, but when she went out this morning she said all five of them were lying on a ledge this morning, so she went out with some food for them, but they all ran off back behind the wall.

She tried to tempt them out with food, but no joy. They are afraid.

Actually

I've just seen pictures of them, and I want them :o

6248_208539535693_539725693_7675661_5718086_n.jpg

6248_208539540693_539725693_7675662_2350752_n.jpg

My sister said

as soon as i go out they run back in behind the wall... i almost got one but it did a little mad spring jump

She's obviously gone out with that basin and towel to try to get them to sit in that instead of behind the wall there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Hey Des,

There's def no sign of mammy cat?
    If you can't catch them, I'd try and leave out cat milk forumla (not cows milk) and go back inside, they might go over and have a drink. If they've had nothing for a while the poor things will be starving/dehydrated.

Also if she goes out, but not near them, and just potters about doing her thing (but secretly throwing an eye) then maybe after a while they won't be as scared. If she sits near where they are, not moving fast or moving towards them, but just sitting maybe looking away from them, just to get them used to her presence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Wubb!

I want one.

Advertisement