Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Loughshinny

• 03-07-2009 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hey, I was just wondering has anyone fished here lately, 3 of us spent yesterday evening there on the pier, there were another 4 people who didn't seem too familiar with the spot either fishing close by and no one caught anything.

Everyone seemed to be using feathers and we had heard we could fish for Mackerel there??

Anyhow any info at all would be much appreciated ie - Are there any fish to be had out there or were we wasting our time, its a nice spot so would be great to be catching!
    Thanks in advance for any help....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

DAT, still early yet for the macks. First time yesterday I seen the fry in the back harbour in Rush. That is what normally brings them ashore.

Try using the hoki mackeral rigs. Guy on ebay based in Dundalk I got them from. 15 quid delivered in 2 days for 10 rigs. 3 per rig. We have tried feathers, spinners and these and the hoki are the best hands down.

We were going to go out last night but there was quite a swell. 4 headed off in a small inflatable. I'd say they had bruised butts this morning. We were out yesterday afternoon for 2 hours. Boat was drifiting at some speed and quite a swell. Very little doing but we got 3 for our troubles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭D Audio Tripper

Balfey1972 wrote: »
    DAT, still early yet for the macks. First time yesterday I seen the fry in the back harbour in Rush. That is what normally brings them ashore.

Try using the hoki mackeral rigs. Guy on ebay based in Dundalk I got them from. 15 quid delivered in 2 days for 10 rigs. 3 per rig. We have tried feathers, spinners and these and the hoki are the best hands down.

We were going to go out last night but there was quite a swell. 4 headed off in a small inflatable. I'd say they had bruised butts this morning. We were out yesterday afternoon for 2 hours. Boat was drifiting at some speed and quite a swell. Very little doing but we got 3 for our troubles.

I've actually heard someone talking about those hoki mackerel rigs before, done a search on google/ebay but couldn't find them???
    Anyhow we've been catching Macks out in Howth recently, so the rigs we have seem to work fine.
    Do you always go out in a boat or do you fish any of the piers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

Always out on the boat.

check out here for the hoki's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I've never caught a fish in lougshinney.
    i've tried feathering,baitfishing,everything and never caught a thing!

Advertisement