Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Batman Begins on both TG4 and TV3 this week

• 03-07-2009 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

Batman Begins was on TG4 on Tuesday night and now TV3 are advertising it for their channel for this weekend. I know that Irish channels and UK channels often show the same movie on the same night/week but I dont remember 2 irish channels showing the same movie in the same week before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Guillaume

you absolutely right. TG4 made first, TV3 follows. This is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

So? Sky show movies that have been on BBC and ITV recently as well and vice versa, if you dont want to watch it dont, although its great so you should :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

TV3 and TG4 seem to have bought the same Movies??? :confused: They both seem to be either a week ahead or a week behind. I wonder if they know? or Care?

As for sky showing ITV and BBC movies, Sky Movies have 10 channels which sponsor movies on Sky One why would the care if they are showing FTA channel movies after all they have their movies on a continous loop :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Ah lads I know everyone loves to complain about TV3 but this is a new low. Why the hell do people care so much? This sort of complaining really bugs the hell outt me.:(

Asmodean wrote: »
    Ah lads I know everyone loves to complain about TV3 but this is a new low. Why the hell do people care so much? This sort of complaining really bugs the hell outt me.:(

We are complaining about both TG4 and TV3, it is a fair comment that both seem to be showing the same movies pretty much a week or 2 after one another. Why shouldn't we complain?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It's down to the studios and they tend to release everywhere the same time, europe and south africa too

It's down to the studios and they tend to release everywhere the same time, europe and south africa too

From what I gathered Movies are sold in packages to Channels, did TG4 and TV3 buy the same package in non-exclusive agreements with the studios. If so did they not think to look at their schedules to see when they are showing them.

I just don't see the point in complaining. Why is it such a big deal anyway? Just wondering why people get so hot underhe collar about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It means TV3 lost an opportunity to screen a Die hard movie. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I just don't see the point in complaining. Why is it such a big deal anyway? Just wondering why people get so hot underhe collar about it.

Me either, if you dont want to watch it theres a million other things you could do with your time,whinging about it wont solve anything, "I wish to complain that a great movie was shown twice in as many weeks!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

One of the ITV channels (2, 3 or 4, I dunno which) is always showing the same movies. They show Terminator 2 and Mission Impossible 2 every few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

This isn't a complaing about 'I dont like it, why are they showing it?', its a complaing about how 2 of our 4 channels can show the same movie in the same week. I find it amusing really, would ITV and the BBC do this? Five or Channel 4? Of course not, poor reflection on those who schedule tv over here.

Sky and their movies channels showing the same thing as terrestrial is a completely different kettle of fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭irish_ninja

yeah i watched batman begins on TG4 then turned over to TV3 and an ad for batman begins came on....mmkay?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

mike65 wrote: »
    It means TV3 lost an opportunity to screen a Die hard movie. ;)

"Dear Die hard... You rock"

would ITV and the BBC do this?

Who cares if they would or not?! The lengths us Irish will go to just for any reason to complain. Its not like its directly affecting anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

They must have bought a the same Warner movies package.

We had The Big Bounce & Batman on both over the last week or so, The Dukes of Hazzard being re-shown tonight on TG4 after it's recent TV3 airing, and there's been a couple more WB movies in the last month or so that have graced both channels, if I recall correctly.

Not a capital offence, I agree, but it's a small market dependent on viewers - they're either in the business of competing for Irish ad revenue, or they're not.

Quick turnaround repeats like these show shoddy research & scant interest in customer service on both of the alleged 'alternative' channels' part, which kinda narrows our range of choice somewhat.

Who cares if they would or not?! The lengths us Irish will go to just for any reason to complain. Its not like its directly affecting anyone.

There are serveral reasons why ITV and the BBC would not do this.

1. Is simply that British audience (in particular the English) will complain and complain until the issue is sorted e.g. The Setanta Sports channel proves this, and TBH the English are right to expect more. It is time we started to complain in Ireland for better services IMO.
    2. The BBC and ITV are to seperate organisations, neither would like to be associated with each other and when there are a huge number of BBC and ITV channels now they tend to want exclusive rights. (Also it is called Marketing).
    3. Finally their is the price that the BBC and ITV pay for Movie in comparison to Irish rights. This also leads me to believe that both TV3 and TG4 can afford exclusive rights to their films.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

As has been said, not a capital offence, but if Irish broadcasters want to be taken seriousely this kind of thing can't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

They're just taking the piss now.

Wrestling Ernest Hemingway is on TG4 tonight, after it's airing on TV3 just a few days ago, and TV3 are advertising a re-showing the Dukes of Hazzard at the weekend. (as mentioned earlier in the thread : The DOH movie was already shown on TG4 last month, and before that it was shown on TV3 some weeks previously).

While they're both obviously getting tremendous value for money from their Warner Brothers package, It would seem that they dont give a toss about their viewers.

TV3 have shown Dukes of Hazzard a few times this year already.

Did they ever get to show Rocky Baoboa?

• Advertisement
Advertisement