Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assistant Lecturer Positions...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Thanks for that. The English language one is my field so it's interesting what qualifications they are looking for and benefits package they are offering. I am a couple of years from returning home but it's still good for me to check what the job situation is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

and benefits package they are offering.

Don't get your hopes up to high on this one. :)

It's probably just the usual salary + pension, nothing fantastic. That's assuming it isn't a contract position (which I suspect most of them are, given the current economic climate).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Don't get your hopes up to high on this one. :)

It's probably just the usual salary + pension, nothing fantastic. That's assuming it isn't a contract position (which I suspect most of them are, given the current economic climate).

True but it's just interesting to see nevertheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Not sure how they're doing this with the current embargo...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

Any idea what this means ? from the first job ..
    love the way jargon is thrown around as if it should be self-evident !
    This post is a self-funded post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

InReality wrote: »

The job applicant pays their own wages? :)

I dunno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

InReality wrote: »

It means the Research department, and your salary, must be self-financing. I.e. it is expected companies/Gov will fund the research. I imagine a large part of your job will be getting said funding.

Advertisement