Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deletion of board post

Options
  • 03-07-2009 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi Guys,

I posted a message on the Biz > Business > Entrep* Board were i was asking for advice. I received my advice from two members and then a moderator closed the message and now the message has been completely deleted.

No pm or message was left about what I did wrong in asking advice and although I already have made plans on what shall be done I am still confused why it would be deleted so suddenly.

Can you please disclose what was wrong so I won't make the mistake in the future ?

Thanks for your help in advance

Edit - Just to let you know I did read the charter and I was not asking for legal advice. Just experience/advice in general.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

You will have to PM the Mod and ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 theh

mmm ill just forget about it then.. I kinda "fear" mods that can delete stuff without explanation or notice. Chances are if I PM him he will ban me for PMing or asking questions :)

Don't even know which of the mods closed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Seems unlikely, and if a mod banned you for asking a question, you'ld have cause for valid complaint. Run free and send a polite PM. They don't bite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I read that thread and so I'll give a brief answer.

On that thread you said:
    theh wrote: »
    i will disclose his full name and company information and the original e-mails + replies to boards.ie so that the public can be aware

The moderator in question asked our legal team for advice, and they told him that we could be in hot water if you went ahead with that. The mod decided to delete the thread, which from boards.ie's perspective is probably the wisest course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 theh

i see, well thanks for the explanation.. It is a shame that the post had to be deleted.

Also i never did mention his name or disclose the threating e-mails he send me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

No, but you said at least twice that you would, so action was taken to ensure that you couldn't.

Advertisement