Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pioneer DCS580- DVD 5.1 Tall Speaker System - Need Advice

Options
  • 03-07-2009 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭

Hi

Got one of these from Richer Sounds for a great price (£200).

Sound is pretty good out of it when playing CD's or DVD's.

I need advice on what's a good set up for it re inputs etc. Speakers are all set up fine etc.

Specs/connections are here..

Using 47" Philips TV (not sure of model no. as not mine) and I can't seem to find an optical output on it so options are probably limited.
    It's got 2 X SCART, 2 X HDMI, Component last but not least a Composite input.

Will be using the new dvd player on it which takes up one HDMI.
    Xbox 360 which I have via component at the moment (has HDMI output though).
    Oldish Sky Box with FTA channels only via SCART.

Will be getting Magnet + PVR box soon which has HDMI output which can upscale so keeping second HDMI on tv spare for this. Will be primary source of TV, only using Sky when this is down.

Will use PS3 occasionally for when I bring it downstairs for a blu-ray sometimes so I'll just swap the HDMI from the Pioneer unit.

Want to keep a jack to phono connector on Pioneer also for plugging in phone/ipod or whatever.

So that's what I'll be using so want to get the most out of it particularly surround sound for Xbox and PS3 and then just have TV sound playing through it too.

Not sure if headphone out socket on TV is working as I plugged it into the Pioneer lastnight and nothing happened but I was using the 3 x phono to headphone wire from my N95 so not sure if that's the reason. N95 worked fine anyway.

Any advice on best set up is much appreciated.

EDIT: Forgot to ask. There's a USB input on the front of this but my WD 320gb Passport doesn't seem to work. Light comes on but 'no usb' is displayed on front of pioneer unit. Have same problem with sony tv too (KDL40W5500), do these only work with USB flash drives?

Thanks
    Keith

Advertisement