Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyhoura Breeze

• 03-07-2009 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭

Does anybody know where this stallion is?

He is a ID not an RID, unless he's been registered in the past couple of years.

I have a three yr old by him whom i bought as a yearling, since then the stallion has been sold. (he was in the same yard)

anybody have any idea where he is?

Wicked

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Did you try looking up the Irish Field Directory? He may be listed in the stallion section. Or a google search might yield some results either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Wicked

not on irish field and when you google it you get a 14'2 connemara! which he's not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

I googled Ballyhoura Breeze and got the following...

Regal Eagle (S2- ) NEW FOR 2009

<LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; tab-stops: list 72.0pt; mso-list: l18 level2 lfo21">
          Sire: Granahan Champ (S 916) by Cuchulainn

[*]
          Dam: Ballyhoura Breeze (M 13578) by Moy Hazy Cove (S 888) and out of Grey Wind (M 9716)

Standing At:

Are u sure that's the stallion's name? is it not unlikely that 2 horses will be registered with the same name?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Ballyhoura is in North Cork area,f this any use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Is it sometimes the case that a horse can be registered with Wetherbys (TB registry) even though there's a horse registered with the SJI, for example, of the same name? Something along that line is naggingly familiar to me, but I can't be too sure. I do know, however, that racehorses in different countries can have the same name. I heard it a few years back, where 2 horses on the flat, one in GB and one in Ireland had the same name. That's why IRE, GB, NZL, FR, etc. appear after their names.

Back on topic: I don't suppose it'd be any use asking the people who used to have him if they knew where he was? (Or maybe you've done that already)

• Advertisement

unfortunately the man that use to own him is elderly and now in a nursing home, all the horses were sold.

i'm only curious because the yearling we bought matured so beautifully and we just recently broke her and shes fabulous - well i think she's fabulous, beautiful manner, so quiet and intelligent, i just love her.. anyway... I have a mare now with good breeding and i'd love to bring her to him.

i heard that horses by the stallion were for sale the last time in gorressbridge but after that i dont' know where he is.

MDFM wrote: »
          I googled Ballyhoura Breeze and got the following...

Regal Eagle (S2- ) NEW FOR 2009

• <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; tab-stops: list 72.0pt; mso-list: l18 level2 lfo21">
              Sire: Granahan Champ (S 916) by Cuchulainn
            • Dam: Ballyhoura Breeze (M 13578) by Moy Hazy Cove (S 888) and out of Grey Wind (M 9716)
          Standing At:

Are u sure that's the stallion's name? is it not unlikely that 2 horses will be registered with the same name?

yep i'm sure. the stallion is ballyhoura breeze on the book and the mare is ballyreaske lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 susan56horse

hi
          i have a horse by ballyhoura breeze out of a mare called rush
          ballyhoura breeze was bred in england
          he is by heather breeze out of prospect susan
          <snip>
          i am in uk and trying to find out from his breeder more info on him waiting for a reply from her
          sue

If you can help the OP, please PM them with the details rather than posting names here. Thanks.

hi Susan,

great to hear more info on the stallion. I;ve pm'd you with info.

:D

p.s beautiful horse :d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ADDON

Hi there,

Ballyhoura Breeze was by Heather Breeze and out of a mare called Prospect Susan. He was a grey Irish draught S1 stallion, born in 1995. I hear he was somewhere in the Limerick area.

His pedigree can be seen at the following link http://www.idshs.com.au/perl/search.pl?op=tree&index=ballyhoura_breeze&gens=5

Hope this is helpful...

• Advertisement

Hi thanks for the link

PRIDE OF SHAUNLARA has a good reputation.

i think sue is looking for a picture of him, can't seem to find one.

is he at stud in limerick or is the owner keeping him for his own mares.

Wicked

hi thanks i know his breeding i used heather breeze myself in the past when he was here in the uk
          pics of him would be nice

wonder why he did not pass rid?

hi
          i have spoken to ballyhoura breeze's breeder and can confirm that he was previously called kensons cockney rebel
          and was registered as a foal with the i.d.h.s (gb)
          wish i could find where he is now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bailybeattie

This stallion has excellent rare breeding by the famous Heather Breeze out of a three times Hornby Premium mare.
          He now stands at Slaneyside Stud, Rustyduff, Knockanarrigan, Donard, Co. Wicklow.
          Further details in the 2011 Irish Field Directory

i own a gelding by him out of a mare calle rush with no recorded breeding unfortunatley

• Registered Users Posts: 4 thehillbilly

Ballyhoura Breeze is alive and well. He has covered a few mares this year. His new owner lives in the Glen of Imaal just down the road from where he stood with Joe Mackey. He is currently standing with the Shannons outside Tinnahealy in Wicklow for the covering season. Looks real well now and belies his age. Hopefully some people will use him.

thehillbilly

• Registered Users Posts: 12 glendalough breeze

Hi, maybe it´s a little late for my answer, but I just read the thread about the stallion Ballyhoura Breeze. Sorry I don´t know anything about the stallion himself but I bought a 3ys. old grey mare in March by this stallion and took her to Germany. I am very convinced of this horse: she is intelligent, gentle, calm and busy to work - the perfect young horse!icon14.gif

never too late for reply
          here is my gelding by him dapple grey
          and also pic of stallion the white grey

It is many years since I led him out to cover a mare when he was with Joe Mackey. He was then a very ameniable and tractable stallion. He remains a very placid stallion, with an excellent temperament. I understand that he has covered a number of mares this year and all are in foal. This is a credit to his management in the months leading up to the covering season. His photo does not do him justice and hopefully the owner will have a better one in the near future. A romp through his pedigree is like a whos who of the ID breed. One can only imagine what he might have achieved if the current studbook rules were in place when he was a young horse.:pac:

• Advertisement

Hi, send you a photo of my mare. It´s a pity but I don´t have one riding at the moment. Will follow in some days.

thank you for pic be nice to see some more
          max won ode yesterday pics to follow
          :)

Hi,
          here are my first pics riding. I´m working her since March very carefully. Today we had our first hack alone. Hope to get some of your photos and experiences. Maybe you got a photo of Ballyhoura Breeze?

pic of ballyhoura breeze

Thank you for the nice picture. Beside of the colour I don´t see many points of the stallion in my filly, but she must have inherited his gentle character.
          Hope to hear of you and your horses!smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eharper

I also have just brought a young 4 year old by Ballyhoura Breeze and he is a lovely stamp with a super temperment. I shall post a photograph soon but he looks likes the image of susan56horse horse. He was brought at gorsebridge this year but i have no record of his dam which is a shame. any more photos or detials would be much appreciated.

some more pics of max he was brought over from ireland his dam was called rush but unforunatley has no recorded breeding listed as ish

Hi All,

Please see attached photo of Ballyhoura Breeze. Pity about the two head pieces. I saw him grazing contentledy in his paddock yesterday. Some of his stock did very well in the recent Goresbridge sales, not bad for a horse of his limited opportunity. If you got the breeders details, you might be able to get some information on the dam of your horse. Good Luck thehillbilly

Good evening,
          the dam of my filly is from Aristocracy TB / Dysart Abbey.icon1.gif

• Advertisement
        • Registered Users Posts: 4 snowstormii

I too have a horse by Ballyhoura Breeze out of Rushes. I bought him recently Sept '13 as a 6 year old. He came over to England from Ireland in about June 2013. So am I right in thinking that our horses would not be able to show as part-bred IDs because Ballyhoura Breeze was unregistered. Has anyone found a way around this?

Susan56horse my gelding, full brother to yours, is the spit of yours apart from the pigmentation on your horse's muzzle and eyes.

Here is my Bud's Choice....
          DSC_0206.jpg

Hopefully you can see this.

Advertisement