Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyhoura Breeze

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 susan56horse

hi
    yes we can show in partbred classes we just competed at breed show this year
    nice to hear about them being brothers have you seen any pics of rush
    where about do you live

mod edit: <snip> Please don't post personal contact details in posts - you never know who could be reading your posts! It's better to keep all such details to PM.

if you would like to catch up more i would be delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 snowstormii

I have tried to PM you but I am not sure if it went or not. I am waiting for a picture of Rushes to be emailed by the breeder's daughter.

I am in Berkshire and would LOVE to get in contact with you. Try PM'ing me or adding me as a contact. It might work that way round!

Anyway, what she told me is that Rushes had a foal every other year and that they had had her since the lady I am talking to was a child. She was a very quiet mare and said if Buddy was anything like her he won't have a bad hair on him!! She is right. Rushes died a couple of years ago aged 31 of laminitis having had a foal a few months previously. Rushes is a black cob mare and the man that bought Buddy as a yearling told me he thought she was half connemara but I haven't had that confirmed.

My Buddy has a white passport. Is that good enough to do part-bred classes? Local or county level? There is nothing in there to say he was actually by an ID stallion - even his sire's name is mis-spelt (I have Ballyhauris Breeze, but the breeder's daughter tells me it was definitely Ballyhoura Breeze.

I have got more to tell you but prob best to PM.

Have PM'd you Susan56horse!

What were/are Ballyhoura Breeze's strengths, apart from his temperament? Was he a jumping/hunting/ODE type of stallion or is there some other reason mare owner's chose him?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 glendalough breeze

Hi, I´ve got a now 6 ys. old Ballyhoura Breeze mare which I bought from her breeder in Wicklow mountains. Perhaps it might help to contact this man to get to know more about the stallion. If you want to get his address please pm me. She´s wonderful horse and it´s a pity that I have to sell her because of accident of mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 susan56horse

i know about the stallion now met his owner at breed show and was previously in touch
    thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 4 thehillbilly

Ballyhoura Breeze is with Damian and Mary Kenny's Slaneyside Stud in Wicklow. He has bred some smashing foals this year. Under current regulations he is Classified as Class 2 Irish Draught. His dam line is a wonderful old Greenvale line with double Hornby premium winner Prospect Susan in it. It can be checked out on the Horse Sport Ireland web site www.horsesportireland.ie then go to Capaill Oir to get his full pedigree. His stock can be shown in part bred ID classes. Good luck

Advertisement