Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermostatic Radiator Valve

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    Sorry ,I deleted the last post. I didn't come on here to spoof ,it was just to give some solid advice.

No harm done ,I'll leave you to it.

I never said you spoofed. You do not need to be so defensive. Your opinion is clearly valued its just I dont agree with you. However I am guilty of misconduct if i dont consider everyones opinion. I am entitled to disagree with it however!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

I never said you spoofed. You do not need to be so defensive. Your opinion is clearly valued its just I dont agree with you. However I am guilty of misconduct if i dont consider everyones opinion. I am entitled to disagree with it however!

Cheers for that ,I've got too much time on my hands at the moment ,out sick:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I'm a registered gas installer and qualified for sei grants ,Danfoss heating equipment is the best at the moment.

Never had one callback in the last three years ,on their trv's.
    297896.jpg
    Probably have installed 400+ of them.

!Bcr!tQ!!2k~$(KGrHqUH-DUEqvhBWU6JBK1gq9vV6w~~_35.JPG

Hello yoshytoshy,
    I've got white type as per the image above. Its fitted to Jaga radiators. Question. Are the diameters of these TRV's standard. The young lad stepped on it (the TRV) and damaged it so I need to replace it. Is there a trck/technique of removing it (the TRV) from the radiator?? it seems impossible so far.

To all others I'm using a Honeywell cordless thermostat and thats great if you want localise your heating. Downstairs we warm ourselves with a wood stove but upstairs the 2 year old is getting 20 degrees via the cordless thermostat.

Thanks.

BTW Get well soon.

Greenman wrote: »
    !Bcr!tQ!!2k~$(KGrHqUH-DUEqvhBWU6JBK1gq9vV6w~~_35.JPG

Hello yoshytoshy,
    I've got white type as per the image above. Its fitted to Jaga radiators. Question. Are the diameters of these TRV's standard. The young lad stepped on it (the TRV) and damaged it so I need to replace it. Is there a trck/technique of removing it (the TRV) from the radiator?? it seems impossible so far.

To all others I'm using a Honeywell cordless thermostat and thats great if you want localise your heating. Downstairs we warm ourselves with a wood stove but upstairs the 2 year old is getting 20 degrees via the cordless thermostat.

Thanks.

BTW Get well soon.

It might be a small allen bolt or twist and lock connection , holding it on.
    Edit: looking at the picture ,I can almost makeout the green cap on the valve ,that would mean it's a twist and lock connection.

It might be a small allen bolt or twist and lock connection , holding it on.
    Edit: looking at the picture ,I can almost makeout the green cap on the valve ,that would mean it's a twist and lock connection.

Thanks for the quick reply.

This twist and lock, how do you unlock it?

• Advertisement

I'll be killed if anyone I work with ,sees me posting this stuff :p

It's usually a small indent ,for a flat screwdriver. When you push this in ,it disengages the lock and you twist the valve off.
    It's akward if you haven't seen someone doing it ,but it's not impossible.

Finally are the radiator diameters standard ?

Thanks JD.

Greenman wrote: »
    Finally are the radiator diameters standard ?

Thanks JD.

Most radiator openings are 15mm ,some are larger and need bushings to bring them down.

Most radiator openings are 15mm ,some are larger and need bushings to bring them down.

Your a star:):):)

Get well soon.

Thanks

Advertisement