Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictive text - Can it be trained?

• 03-07-2009 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have recently got a Nokia E51 and when I type "you" in predictive text, the first word that cmes up is "yot". When i type "I'm" i get "i'o".

I find this very frustrating because they are very common words.Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

BrianJD wrote: »
    Hi

I have recently got a Nokia E51 and when I type "you" in predictive text, the first word that cmes up is "yot". When i type "I'm" i get "i'o".

I find this very frustrating because they are very common words.Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks

If you type 'you' 5 or 6 times it should remember it, and bring it to the front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Is it just at the end of the list of words or not in the dictionary at all?

Odd really but ya if its in the dictionary than what Davy said is right it will keep the most commonly used one ontop. Words that are not recognised you add to the dictionary. Most commonly words not recognised tend to names of people though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

What he said. Yes it is very annoying. My most recent one is that didn't has decided to come up as diem't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Thanks folks

typing the required word several times has fixed it so great advice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

Also you should double check that the language selected is English!

Advertisement