Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goldspamming

• 03-07-2009 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Wow being so cheap is how goldspamming is made so easy. You pay for a basic account (like €14), spam as many servers as you can get on and if you get like even 1 sale, its worth it.

This is particularly the case with those ones where they put their URL with dead bodies in popular places. I often report these at say 6pm and nothing has happened by the time I log out (at say midnight) as the GMs are busy doing lots of stuff apparently. Thats like all of primetime, and presumably they use the same account to place the same semi-permanent advertisement on a number of different servers with very little effort on their behalf.

Solution is obviously to make WoW starter packs €1000. Buy as many as you can now before my campaign succeeds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

you're off your rocker.

How do the do that thing in orgrimar with the dead bodies by the way? do they jump off the buildings above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

as far as i know its a graphics glitch... saw it one day were gnome were falling from the sky.. spelling out a site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

They don't need an account. they can set up free trail accounts. All they are spaming is go to this web site ect... So reporting their spam free account is not going to stop them.

But to do the gold trade they do need a real account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

To make the sign on the ground they teleport them into the sky and they fall down and die

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

They use memory hacks to give themselves gm powers then fly up in a co-ordinated pattern and then just turn it off to drop down and splat.

If you are going to get banned for spamming gold, you are going to get banned for hacking ;)

Difference being, the hacking is picked up much more slowly if at all and it makes for a pretty message which most people will actually go out of their way to see - at least their first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

you're off your rocker.

How do the do that thing in orgrimar with the dead bodies by the way? do they jump off the buildings above?

Type kill in console.

Wait... nevermind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Ivan wrote: »
    They use memory hacks to give themselves gm powers then fly up in a co-ordinated pattern and then just turn it off to drop down and splat.

If you are going to get banned for spamming gold, you are going to get banned for hacking ;)

Difference being, the hacking is picked up much more slowly if at all and it makes for a pretty message which most people will actually go out of their way to see - at least their first time.

The patterns are far too accurate and straight lined for them to be just flying up and dropping to their death, THEY ARE MULTI BOXING!!!!! EVIL BASTARDS...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

It's scripted coords of course (as it gets recreated the same way every day). It's weird that it's been around though for ages (longer than 2 years old infact) and they still haven't stopped it though there must be a number of ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jiggy

Ive heard people mention addons that stops you from seeing their spam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

It's so annoying be spammed and whispered with these eejit's, no matter how many u add to ignore, 10 more crop up. I used to ignore and report, but i dont bother anymore:mad:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Polar101

I just "report spam", takes two clicks and ignores the seller too, so I get a few minutes of peace at least. Until the level 1 troll warrior in Durotar whispers and asks me if I'm there.

I always wondered what happens when (if?) Blizzard bans a gold seller account - will they be getting new accounts all the time? If so, isn't that just good business for Blizz..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

It is kinda refreshing how friendly and polite they are.

They have nailed customer service on the head...unlike Sweden...

Polar101 wrote: »
    I always wondered what happens when (if?) Blizzard bans a gold seller account - will they be getting new accounts all the time? If so, isn't that just good business for Blizz..

The spamers are 14 day trial accounts, so blizzard gets no money from them.

Now with teh actual Farmers that hold the gold... im unsure what happenes with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

I normally attempt to strike up a conversation with them, they're usually not into it, must be on commission!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Got this in the mail one day during Burning Crusade, made me smile heh :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

DarthWraak wrote: »

Got this in the mail one day during Burning Crusade, made me smile heh :pac:

Must be alot of numpty's out there willing to buy gold, to make all that mail spamming worth their while.

Btw Darth, what add on's are they - the one for bag's, dunno if that action bar is an addon?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Contact us to get the most gold you'll never see

Thats the most accurate typo i've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Kiith wrote: »
    Thats the most accurate typo i've never seen.

FYP ;-)

toxick wrote: »
    The spamers are 14 day trial accounts, so blizzard gets no money from them.

Now with teh actual Farmers that hold the gold... im unsure what happenes with them
    They get banned for being in breach of the EULA. The account subscription is terminated early with no reimbursement and the cost of the games is forfeit.

This also applies to botters, gold farmers and people who "manipulate the Auction House".

Ivan wrote: »

This also applies to botters, gold farmers and people who "manipulate the Auction House".

Off railing the topic a small bit

I always woundered. What is manipulating the AH? and how do they know who are gold farmers? just by seeing large amounts of gold being sent via mail or trade?

• Advertisement

toxick wrote: »
    Off railing the topic a small bit

I always woundered. What is manipulating the AH? and how do they know who are gold farmers? just by seeing large amounts of gold being sent via mail or trade?
    It is generally just someone who is making crazy amounts on the auction house, like 5,000gold+ per day. All from unique Auctions and not through purchasing items and reselling them.

Invariably, it is just a front for selling stuff that was obtained through botting/farming/exploiting and it is used by Blizzard as a catch-all to ban the people who cant be banned for botting/farming/exploiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i better slow down on the ah then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭AaronFitz

A simple solution to ridding WoW of gold seller's / spammers is to get rid of the trial's method of speach after all why would you ever have the need to chat with other people in as such a demo to view the gameplay....

I think it's quite clear people's main qualm with gold seller's are the spam bots around the place. It's clear at this stage that anyone who wants to buy gold knows how to do so and even if they don't well google is your friend....

Would also like to add, expect 300% more gold spammer's (more so farmer's robbing kill's etc) as of the next few week's. China has banned the sale of virtual good for real money (In their own contry) the loophole being ofc that they can join a EU / US relm all they want and sell the good's there. Cant wait.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Btw Darth, what add on's are they - the one for bag's, dunno if that action bar is an addon?

The bag addon is Bagnon I think. The action bars are just bartender with a little bit of setup, with kgPanels for the dark backround. And thats Titanpanel on the bottom. All of them are on wowinterface.com :)

Advertisement