Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Authorize.net - down

Options
  • 03-07-2009 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having problems with Authorize.net? Can't contact them as they seem to be on July4th related hols and everything belong to them is down!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

From another site I use:
    Authorize.net data center experienced a fire. Combination of fire and US holiday created "perfect storm" effect. They are waiting for fire department to allow them back in building to initiate emergency plan. Also understand they are trying to call people in from holiday to man phones and answer questions.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

According to wikipedia, they're off the grid for several hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

At least 6 hours was mentioned in this thread on webhostingtalk.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tbrentlong

This is amazing...

The obvious question is, why isn't there some sort of reduncancy in place for what is arguably the world's largest credit card processing gateway?

Also, I haven't seen this hit the news yet...the fire, or the fact that nearly every internet merchant is hosed. I wonder why/how this is staying under the radar.

Now, speaking of redundancy and did I mention redundancy... I've gotta get some sort of backup payment processing in place! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

tbrentlong wrote: »
    the fact that nearly every internet merchant is hosed.

Slight exaggeration :rolleyes:

It's not under the radar at all - it's been buzzing around the net's news sites since it happened. Here's a TechCrunch article (with updates regarding backup)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tbrentlong

Thanks for the sarcasm. I was running low.

And thanks for the new link to more info. By under the radar, I was referring to the fact that there doesn't seem to be much news about the fire or about the outage. I did find another post about it, and apparently Authorize.net has opened a twitter account to provide updates.

http://www.techurbia.com/2009/07/authorizenet-goes-down-one-datacenter-fire-knocks-multi-billion-dollar-business-offline.html

http://twitter.com/AuthorizeNet

Advertisement