Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatboy Slim - Marlay Park - August 2nd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Saves them having to give them out to punters in Brogan's I suppose, and makes them look good into the bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Not often I would have cause to say this but fair play to MCD.

Just received an email offering me a fre ticket to Fatboy Slim in Marlay park as a goodwill gesture over the Slane debacle.

ie. We are unable to sell this overpriced gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I'm sure they wouldn't give out U2 tickets to the fans who complained about Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Jesus all some people want to do is complain.
    They were never going to issue refunds for the Slane gig, they are offering free tickets to a similarly priced gig, while I would never usually be one for praising MCD, I feel it's a good gesture.

Ye are like cranky old women.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

This is MCD we're talking about. I think we're allowed to complain like cranky old women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i got the same offer today, problem is i already bought a ticket!! also they want the email confirmation from slane forwarded to them as proof you were there to get the free ticket.my friend bought the tickets so ive no email to send.

but its true ive heard the tickets really arent selling.just listen to the radio stations, theyre all giving away tickets.the lineup is good, its just the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 kusasi23

Ok seriously €70 is not expensive at all... you have 5 acts and Fatboy slim is a world class DJ and doing about 3 hours at least... its starting @ 3 til about 11 that night, well worth and sure other acts are charging €80 to play in the O2 and they only do 2 hours at most... so be grateful..

2nd of all I'm a girl and would defo not go on my own to a gig like that... I work for promotions and have been at gigs like this and its very messy and have heard alot of bad stories happening to women and there is no drink allowed in to the gig of any sort.. :mad:

Cant wait for it now... David Guetto is class seen him in Ibiza

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

tickets are sellng very poor for this know from a guy involved in it or working with it

clearly still not selling if they are giving people tickets because of the hassle they had at Slane........if the weather is good on the day I'd say you'll get a lot of last minute ticket purchases.....

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭bacon?

wow... tickets for fatboy slim are 70euro...

NIBBS, i was at that ozzfest... if i rember correctly, you had a choice to go in and see the lineup without ozzy, or go to a 2nd rate gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Offered a ticket today aswell which I'm going to avail of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Would love to go to the gig, not paying 70 quid though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 CNN Reporter

kusasi23 wrote: »
    Ok seriously €70 is not expensive at all... you have 5 acts and Fatboy slim is a world class DJ and doing about 3 hours at least... its starting @ 3 til about 11 that night, well worth and sure other acts are charging €80 to play in the O2 and they only do 2 hours at most... so be grateful..

That's a load of rubbish and you know it. He played in New York recently on 24th June 2009, and it was only $40 (28 Euro). He also played in Newcastle on 23rd May 2009 and it was only £15 (18 Euro). There is absolutely no justification charging 70 Euro for this, when similar gigs in marlay park (with even bigger headliners), such as Daft Punk and Kaiser Chiefs were only €49 in 2007.
    I work for promotions

Really? Never would have guessed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭salutations

The way things are gone this is way too expensive and one thing ive noticed is that you will always get tickets outside the gate at these things, alot cheaper than face value too. Apparently there was a rediculous amount of tickets going for eff all at even the great U2's opening concert last night and a brief look at toutless or gumtree would suggest the rest of their gigs will be the same. If you're interested in this gig make my way up to Marley and your guaranteed to get a cheap one outside it and if by some strange fluke you dont,they'll have lots on sale officially there anyway. I'm going to hold tough and see what the weather is like that day, i cant be doing with standing around in rain for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Marley Park is a totally unsuitable venue for outside concerts, as a rule I tend to avoid anything organised by MCD (for obvious reasons which we're not allowed to mention) and anything at Marley Park.
    The thought of a gig at Marley Park organised by MCD is just too much for any sane person to contemplate, the price tag of €70 :eek: is just the icing on the cake.......:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

I just won tickets! I'm so excited!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Marley Park is a totally unsuitable venue for outside concerts, as a rule I tend to avoid anything organised by MCD (for obvious reasons which we're not allowed to mention) and anything at Marley Park.
    The thought of a gig at Marley Park organised by MCD is just too much for any sane person to contemplate, the price tag of €70 :eek: is just the icing on the cake.......:confused:

I went to see Basement Jaxx, Underworld, Mylo in Marley Park in 2005, it was a gorgeous day and Marley Park was just beautiful that day and really made the concert, I remember thinking what a great venue it was.

If it's a nice day next Sunday this gig is gonna be unreal I'm absolutely disgusted I can't go!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

holdin out to see if dublin are playin that sunday then ill get a ticket if not. it will be epic

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mystery_man

Does anybody know the stage times for this gig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭teufelswerk

Does anybody know the stage times for this gig?

Hoping to go to Metallica on Saturday as well, here's hoping that Dizzie is on first, followed by Guetta. I heard that Calvin Harris was amazing at Oxegen so we could do with him playing just before Fatboy. Great venue, saw Digitalism and Justice support Daft Punk there, hope it'll live up to that

That's a load of rubbish and you know it. He played in New York recently on 24th June 2009, and it was only $40 (28 Euro). He also played in Newcastle on 23rd May 2009 and it was only £15 (18 Euro). There is absolutely no justification charging 70 Euro for this, when similar gigs in marlay park (with even bigger headliners), such as Daft Punk and Kaiser Chiefs were only €49 in 2007.

Really? Never would have guessed :rolleyes:

Ye well everywhere is different, the same way 90% of the clubs in Ibiza charge up to €60 to get into... like I said tickets for the O2 for some gigs are going for €100... play for 2 hours and then off you go home... €70 for a whole day of music and fun isnt bad....

and ye I work for promotions :rolleyes: so I know what I'm talking about when it comes to gigs....

No one is making anyone buy tickets, so go dont go... but really people stop moaning, i can bet everyone that goes to that on Sunday will wake up monday morning and think €70 well worth it.. savage day!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

kusasi23 wrote: »
    Ye well everywhere is different, the same way 90% of the clubs in Ibiza charge up to €60 to get into... like I said tickets for the O2 for some gigs are going for €100... play for 2 hours and then off you go home... €70 for a whole day of music and fun isnt bad....

and ye I work for promotions :rolleyes: so I know what I'm talking about when it comes to gigs....

No one is making anyone buy tickets, so go dont go... but really people stop moaning, i can bet everyone that goes to that on Sunday will wake up monday morning and think €70 well worth it.. savage day!!

Perhaps there is some validity to your points and yes perhaps those who do go will think money well spent.

However this wont be a sell-out and the main reason for that is that people who might have gone along to this gig despite not being Fatboy fans will be turned off by paying €75(including booking fee), as a previous poster said Daft punk was €50 so charging 75 for Fatboy seems a bit much to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cat Slater

Does anyone know what time this gig starts at?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Gates open 1.30, starts at 2.30.

Would be nice to get set times, ive emailed MCD so if i hear anything ill post it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Rochey_

70bucks for a line up like that is a decent price. bout 9hours or top djs. planet love is more expensive and marley will be much better.. slane is more expensive aswell. so stop complanin and enjoy it.. will be outa this world :P :P:cool::P

Rochey_ wrote: »
    70bucks for a line up like that is a decent price. bout 9hours or top djs. planet love is more expensive and marley will be much better.. slane is more expensive aswell. so stop complanin and enjoy it.. will be outa this world :P :P:cool::P

Thank you.. finally someone sees €70 isnt the end of the world and is looking forward to it as much as me.... gonna be epic,

Its gettin closer lads n lasses! Can't wait! Its gonna be some bank holiday weekend! Any idea what the weather is gonna be like??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Hey - well I'm totally looking forward to this gig. It's our pre-Electric Picnic party and considering the price of a three day ticket to EP, I can live with €70 for a full day of entertainment!
    I haven't been to Marlay Park before though so does anyone have the definitive answer on bringing in drink? Is it okay to bring it in in plastic bottles? 'Cause if we have to buy festival drink then the price of the day is going to be a hell of a lot more than €70!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LKWLSN

What time does it start and end???

and whats the story about drink, can you bring it in or will you be aloud outside the grounds???

please, im in bad need of a definite answer
    THANKS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

does anyone know of any pubs near marlay park.im a kildare man and theyre playin tyrone at 4pm and i have to see it.gig starts at 2:30 so ill prob end up missing burns,fake blood and zane low which wouldnt bother me too much and will go in after the game.cant wait for calvin and guetta!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

There is a pub near marley, but cant remember the name of it, i went there before Daft Punk, everyone seems to go there before the concerts but i cant think of the name right now.:o

Advertisement