Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatboy Slim - Marlay Park - August 2nd

Options

Comments

df1985 wrote: »
    does anyone know of any pubs near marlay park.im a kildare man and theyre playin tyrone at 4pm and i have to see it.gig starts at 2:30 so ill prob end up missing burns,fake blood and zane low which wouldnt bother me too much and will go in after the game.cant wait for calvin and guetta!

Might be of some help to ya m8! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055314342 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

do you think this will be full of neon and fluffy boot ravers?

They are completely un avoidable now days unfortunately!

its not the dressing up just in ireland when you see that neon and fluffy crowd its a good chance its scummers.would fatboy slim draw the fluffy boot crowd you think?or will it be a minority?
    any way whats the craic with marlay park can you bring in drink or a gearbag?

its not the dressing up just in ireland when you see that neon and fluffy crowd its a good chance its scummers.would fatboy slim draw the fluffy boot crowd you think?or will it be a minority?
    any way whats the craic with marlay park can you bring in drink or a gearbag?

Fatboy slim prob won't but calvin harris and david guetta might! Not sure about the drink situation, still trying to find out myself.

• Advertisement

id like to bring a small gear bag with grub n drink.still waiting to decide to go depends on the weather for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

ticket 50 quid fckin buzzin

could be sum amount of sc*m abt only prob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 kusasi23

LKWLSN wrote: »
    What time does it start and end???

and whats the story about drink, can you bring it in or will you be aloud outside the grounds???

please, im in bad need of a definite answer
    THANKS

90% sure it starts @ 3 and finishes at about 11 or so may be bit later.. depens what humour Fatboy is in :) As for the drink thing.. no drink no matter what bottle is allowed in... once you have to present your ticket, there wil be a quick search especially at gigs like this... saying that they can only search so much so if you can fit a sneaky bottle of vodka in somewhere go for it.. i will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭TheDemiurge

I'm a lawyer in my mid thirties and I can't bloody wait to change my identity for the day!!

The music will be ON FIRE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭TheDemiurge

PS Does anyone know roughly what time each act is on. Don't want to miss the main four.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 ibeatza

hey does anyone know what drink ther serve at marlay park, i.e do they have vodka?

ps is it very muddy?

thanks a million

ps fake blood rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ibeatza

well said!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

df1985 wrote: »
    does anyone know of any pubs near marlay park.im a kildare man and theyre playin tyrone at 4pm and i have to see it.gig starts at 2:30 so ill prob end up missing burns,fake blood and zane low which wouldnt bother me too much and will go in after the game.cant wait for calvin and guetta!

The pub is called the Eden, but it could be hard to get inside of it. As it will be packed, and if the weather is nice it will be even busier.

Apparently Fatboy needs to be finished by 10:45, if the concert isn't done by then the council is threating fines to the promoter.

I've also heard that the capacity will only be about 18,000 that's if it sells out.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LKWLSN

ibeatza wrote: »
    hey does anyone know what drink ther serve at marlay park, i.e do they have vodka?

ps is it very muddy?

thanks a million

ps fake blood rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

metallica are playin the day before i think so ill be werin cheapo shoes anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

fatboy on at half 8 will it be a 2 an a half hour set hmmm first act half 2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

with the rain weve been havin and the fact metallica is on the night before its gonna be muddy id say!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Was thinking bout the mess Metallica would be leaving there myself. Not going to be a great weekend, weatherwise. Bring enough cake and you won't notice the weather. Gig will be over early, hop on a bus back into town, and go to somewhere like twisted pepper to finish off the weekend.

I decided EP tickets are more important, sorry Norman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

LKWLSN wrote: »
    What time does it start and end???

and whats the story about drink, can you bring it in or will you be aloud outside the grounds???

please, im in bad need of a definite answer
    THANKS

Hey - well, gates open at 2pm and it all kicks off at about 3pm and goes on 'till 11pm. Still not sure about the drink situation though - and I really want to know myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Roflisberger

Anyone know a good hotel to stay in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 layla_09

Anyone know a good hotel to stay in?

'Good' or cheap?

Try around Sandyford or Tallaght, both a few miles from Marlay Pk. Abberley Hotel and Maldron are in tallaght and Bewleys is in Sandyford.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 geezer22

shaaane wrote: »
    Fatboy slim prob won't but calvin harris and david guetta might! Not sure about the drink situation, still trying to find out myself.

who cares what other about what people are wearing or ''scum'' , if you're into the dj's playing and their music and really want to see them you go get drunk and wont give a s***

cause id want to enjoy a gig without watching my back for scummers,thats why oxygen is gone down so much,gigs bring scum nowadays,even bruce had loads of apes there just for the "craic"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 geezer22

so by ''watching your back'' I assume you're basically saying you're afraid you'll be either beaten up or robbed by a ''scum bag'' and the fear of this is so great you won't enjoy the gig??

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

http://mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=8180206&ar=fatboyslim

Zane lowe has pulled out, ‘ones to watch’ Bitches with Wolves who ever they are are replacein him....

cant wait for it metallica on sat and fatboy on sun:D:D:D gona be some weekend, if it rain's jus wear a poncho or a cheap water proof jacket from dunnes r somethin.. us irish are used to the rain:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 kusasi23

http://mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=8180206&ar=fatboyslim

Zane lowe has pulled out, ‘ones to watch’ Bitches with Wolves who ever they are are replacein him....

cant wait for it metallica on sat and fatboy on sun:D:D:D gona be some weekend, if it rain's jus wear a poncho or a cheap water proof jacket from dunnes r somethin.. us irish are used to the rain:P

1st Act is on at 2.30PM and once again there is no drink allowed into the gig, it will be taken off you at the gates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 karma@girl

Hey guys stage times are as follows

1pm Car Parks Open
    2pm Gates
    2.30pm Bitches with Wolves
    3.05pm Burns DJ
    4.30pm Calvin Harris
    5.30pm Fake Blood DJ
    6.45pm Dizzee Rascal
    7.45pm David Guetta DJ
    9pm Fatboy Slim

Im in work till three do u think i could get from city centre to marley park before calvin harris starts???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

€70 quid for a has-been..... only in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

karma@girl wrote: »
    Im in work till three do u think i could get from city centre to marley park before calvin harris starts???

It depends where you work, but what i would say is get the Luas to Dundrum and then walk from Dundrum, the walk will take about 45 minutes

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭tony231974

Calvin Harris looks like Liam from Corrie don't ye think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jkenne01

Just had a look at met.ie for Sunday:

A generally dry, bright start to SUNDAY, but indications are for more rain to spread from the Atlantic during Sunday afternoon and evening. In advance of the rain winds will back southerly and increase fresh to strong.

Looks like it will be Fatboy Slime then - and with Metallica on Saturday should be a total mudfest! Wellies me thinks :cool:

Advertisement