Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatboy Slim - Marlay Park - August 2nd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

karma@girl wrote: »
    Hey guys stage times are as follows

1pm Car Parks Open
    2pm Gates
    2.30pm Bitches with Wolves
    3.05pm Burns DJ
    4.30pm Calvin Harris
    5.30pm Fake Blood DJ
    6.45pm Dizzee Rascal
    7.45pm David Guetta DJ
    9pm Fatboy Slim

Im in work till three do u think i could get from city centre to marley park before calvin harris starts???

Where did you get these stage times from? Looks like i might miss Calvin Harris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 karma@girl

andreac wrote: »
    Where did you get these stage times from? Looks like i might miss Calvin Harris.

got them from mcd and online at entertainment.ie im hoping i dont miss calvin harris i really want to see him but cant leave till three

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 karma@girl

It depends where you work, but what i would say is get the Luas to Dundrum and then walk from Dundrum, the walk will take about 45 minutes

i will be coming from grafton street i have someone driving me there?? good idea?? was hoping most of the traffic will be easing off by then cause it will already have started ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭TheDemiurge

Pity about Calvin Harris on at 4.30pm.

I wonder if he'll join Dizzee Rascal for their two big numbers together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

i will be coming from grafton street i have someone driving me there?? good idea?? was hoping most of the traffic will be easing off by then cause it will already have started ???

i live beside marlay park, you should have no problem getting from grafton street to the gig within an hour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

With a lift you should have no problem.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 musicluva

music starts at 2.30

theres another good pub down the road...ballinteer house if the eden is packed

does anyone know wen its over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭lifesgood

yeah does anyone know what time its over at i heard its over at 2 but someone on this said its over 11.30??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Any idea if the 16/16a will be running as normal? Live down the road from Harolds Cross and that's my planned mode of transport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 kusasi23

Hey guys stage times are as follows

1pm Car Parks Open
    2pm Gates
    2.30pm Bitches with Wolves
    3.05pm Burns DJ
    4.30pm Calvin Harris
    5.30pm Fake Blood DJ
    6.45pm Dizzee Rascal
    7.45pm David Guetta DJ
    9pm Fatboy Slim

Im in work till three do u think i could get from city centre to marley park before calvin harris starts???

There is buses that go straight from City Centre to Marley park so you will easily make it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

andreac wrote: »
    Im going to this, but at the mo by myself coz none of my friends are going:(.

Anyone ever go to gig by themselves?

Funny was thinking of going by myself, none of my mates were interested. Having heard a few of his live sets I'd say it'd be amazing. Actually listening to Brighton beach at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

This concert is over at 11, def not 2am anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

cant wait guys! will be a great gig!

cheers for posting the line up and weather forecast! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ibeatza

hey seriously does anyone know what kind of drink they serve up there?

im not into narcotics but eveyone i know is ha ha ha so ill need alcohol to keep me going but i dount they sell vodka do they

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

wine and beer, most likelt carlsberg or heineken.

at bruce though there was carlsberg and coors light serving pints and budwesier serving tin bottles-very handy for gettin through the crowd and not spilling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭MelonieHead

Gillo wrote: »
    Actually listening to Brighton beach at the moment

Which year? Meself and himself were there last year.

ibeatza wrote: »
    hey seriously does anyone know what kind of drink they serve up there?

im not into narcotics but eveyone i know is ha ha ha so ill need alcohol to keep me going but i dount they sell vodka do they

No dnt think they will sell it, they usualy dont at oudoor gigs, its usually who ever is promoting it, might be Bud or Carlsberg and then they sell wine as well!'m bringing some vodka with me, onlyso much they can search really, so a few of them little bottles down my boots and in my make-up bag and other secret pouches wil be grand... people getting drink in is the least of their worries

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Clover139

its bull**** they dont sell vodka at gigs and then dont let you bring in your own either grrrrrrrrrr. im gonna chance hiding a sneaky naggin in my knickers haha. they cant search my crotch !! anybody else getting the wellies out for this gig? think they're gonna be a necessity after metallica on saturday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Clover139 wrote: »
    its bull**** they dont sell vodka at gigs and then dont let you bring in your own either grrrrrrrrrr. im gonna chance hiding a sneaky naggin in my knickers haha. they cant search my crotch !! anybody else getting the wellies out for this gig? think they're gonna be a necessity after metallica on saturday night!

I'll defo be rocking my wellies. I'll have to give them a clean after Oxegen though!! Gonna be Heineken and wine at the gig as far as I know. Unless theres a redbull bar, but I havnt heard anyting about it. If securities as easy as it was at Oxegen getting in vodka won't be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭geuro

I must be completely out of touch at this stage. Why is this gig so expensive. Fatboy slim is a has-been, no? Has he done anything note-worthy since that 'right about now bout now bout now bout now bout right about now bout now bout now bout now right.. etc etc blah blah blah' crap a few years ago. Dizzee rascal's cool, but what the hell is norman cook doing headlining a gig that costs 70 quid? I though he would be in the button factory for 18 euro bracket by now to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

I read an article in the sunday times about the fall of superstar djs after 2000,fatboy was mentioned alot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭MelonieHead

geuro wrote: »
    Fatboy slim is a has-been? no.

I don't understand your confusion, you've answered your own question there, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Clover139

to be honest, i dont mind paying 70 quid when i know its gonna be a great day. these gigs are what you make it, and if you have 70 euro to spare why not spend it on a day of great music and fun with your mates? fatboy slim, maybe he is a has been, but he still makes great music. and everybody else on the line-up is up to date and new so whats the problem?

I read an article in the sunday times about the fall of superstar djs after 2000,fatboy was mentioned alot

2 days to go and I cant wait for it now.... now who ever is going great hope you have a great time, if your not well then stop getting on this and moaning about prices drink, has beens or whatever else!!! €70 a ticket end of... Fatboy slim may have not been around for a few years now but when he was he rocked places... now I for will be enjoing his songs.. taking me back to were I 1st heard them... its all about the memories and making new ones on Sunday!!! Its a day out with friends and music so everyone stop giving out and enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭this_time

kusasi23 wrote: »
    its all about the memories and making new ones on Sunday!!! Its a day out with friends and music so everyone stop giving out and enjoy

isn't that lovely??:rolleyes:

this_time wrote: »
    isn't that lovely??:rolleyes:

Eh I'm sorry but rather have that attitude than be wining about everything.. you no glass half full n all..... but thanks for your impact on the thread.. really made a difference....

Let's hope that it isn't too much of a mudpit but apart from that, can't wait for the gig...always wanted to see him live so to be honest, I don't care what price it is! Don't care about scumbags, don't care about the drink for sale, don't care about anything that the rest of the people who don't want to go but are too annoying to have real friends to talk to come on here and give out about - tbh lads and lassies, get a life and stop trying to destroy our day - because you won't...

It's a wonderful night
    You’ve gotta take it from me
    It’s a wonderful night
    Come on and break it on down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 CNN Reporter

kusasi23 wrote: »
    Ye well everywhere is different, the same way 90% of the clubs in Ibiza charge up to €60 to get into... like I said tickets for the O2 for some gigs are going for €100... play for 2 hours and then off you go home... €70 for a whole day of music and fun isnt bad....

and ye I work for promotions :rolleyes: so I know what I'm talking about when it comes to gigs....

No one is making anyone buy tickets, so go dont go... but really people stop moaning, i can bet everyone that goes to that on Sunday will wake up monday morning and think €70 well worth it.. savage day!!

Look I was just giving you the reason I (and my girlfriend) are not going. We both think it is overpriced. You haven't once justified the price increase from €49 in 2007 (for acts like daft punk, kaiser chiefs, etc) to €70 in 2009.

At the end of the day, if this gig was €49, me and my girlfriend would gladly have gone (I always buy us the tickets, so it would have been under €100 which is reasonable, rather than €140). So we are not going. Try listening to your customers rather than patronizing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭cartman444

coz kaizer chiefs are muck!!! and dizzee rascal,david guetta and calvin harris> daft punk.......:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 roondog

df1985 wrote: »
    with the rain weve been havin and the fact metallica is on the night before its gonna be muddy id say!

any ideas what to bring.. first gig at marley park..

and do u need id to get in?

Advertisement