Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatboy Slim - Marlay Park - August 2nd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Went to the gig last night and +1 for the knacker crowd. Ive honestly never seen so many in one place it was unreal. Fatboy was quite good...end was crap though. He literally just stopped and walked off...

Loved the gig yesterday - fatboy slim was not ****e...I hate when people come to a gig and hope that the dj/band plays only the big songs that everyone has heard a million times - OPEN UP ffs...

I thought the crowd was pretty diverse...there were a good few "scumbags" but I had no trouble from them, in fact was talkin to a couple and they were sound out just lookin forward to a good night...although there was one little ****head in a livepool shirt in the pit who was bein a bit of a prick to people...

Calvin Harris, fakeblood and dizzee were pretty good but I think the two stars were of course fatboy slim but also Burns blew me away - never heard him before and amazed at how good he was!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

i was there for metallica and compared to it the security was something else!!! completely diffetent crowd, but what a gig, worth every cent!!! didnt like dizzie too much cause im not the biggest rap fan but i have been waiting for bonkers live 4 ages....

fake blood real good, calvin even better, dizze ok, david unreal, fatboy.... just epic!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

anniehoo wrote: »
    Went to the gig last night and +1 for the knacker crowd. Ive honestly never seen so many in one place it was unreal. Fatboy was quite good...end was crap though. He literally just stopped and walked off...

he was over 20mins past curfew.... serious fines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

i didnt want FBS to pay his greatest hits, I wanted him to play and interesting and inspriational set. He played sunshine of your love (cream) and satisfaction (stones) with a beat behind them ffs! utter lazy rubbish. you know a set is poor when ole ole ole breaks out in the crowd 4/5 times due to bordom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

anniehoo wrote: »

+1 on the skangers too. I mean, jeez louise. Unreal.

I live in the area and it was disgusting to see so many skobies, red-faced from drink, pissing up against the wall on Grange Road so early in the day, on the way up to the park. Could they not have held on until they got to the pub or the Park? Nobody wants to see this kind of craic in their neighbourhood.
    I saw one skobe pull a girl's shades off her head and stamp on it - there is no need for that kind of stupid sh1te.

Having said that, I was at the gig yesterday and I enjoyed it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

just watched the intro of his set on youtube, it's a carbon copy of his sydney gigs earlier this year. Did he even vary anything I wonder or just throw out a pre-mixed set.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm sure a lot of it (maybe all) is pre set - the graphics alone will tell you that

Zascar wrote: »
    I'm sure a lot of it (maybe all) is pre set - the graphics alone will tell you that

very true, impossible to co-ordinate lights like that with a pure live set, no matter how well the lighting engineer knows your set :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Ah yeah it was knacker central but I wasn't expecting much better to be honest. That's the kind of crowd you get with this music unfortunately. But I really enjoyed his set. Was a bit abrupt at the end alright but he was running overtime so I guess he had to finish up fast. Support acts were great too. Despite the scobies there I didn't have any trouble, had a great time and danced my socks off! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

i know a few people who went and they left,along with hundreds of other people,40 mins into fatbot slims set!
    heard he opened up with willywonker and the chocolate facory and kept swicthing between old school dance,garage,and chart songs!
    glad i didn't go!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

very true, impossible to co-ordinate lights like that with a pure live set, no matter how well the lighting engineer knows your set :D

saw three guys in a mobile studio with live video feedsover laying the graphics on the fly for him

saw three guys in a mobile studio with live video feedsover laying the graphics on the fly for him

doesn't really mean he was mixing live though does it. anway, suppose as long as people had fun and enjoyed it that's the main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

went myself, had a great time. Got in at the start of Calvin Harris but had to wait around for others so couldnt really enjoy him to the full. Hung around the back for Dizzie Rascal & david Gurrea. Had a good laugh and dance at Fatboy Slim himself, wanted him to play a bit more of his stuff really.

Long shot, but did anyone pick up a blue digital camera? :o lost it early on in the day :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Holy Jesus....
    • I've never seen so many knackers in my life...
    • €6 for a pint was ridiculous...
    • €16.50 for 3 regular burgers
    • Would have been nice to hear some more of Fatboys actual stuff rather than a largely random generic set of dance tunes...
    • Fairly close to the front and some lads with their tops off started a fire... must have been going for a good 10 or 15 mins before the stewards spotted it, funny stuff
    • Really liked David Guetta...

Pity it had to piss rain getting the special Dublin bus home, but all in all... a good night despite the high volumes of scum! Wouldn't mind going again... the dedicated bus service was the job, no overcrowding on the buses at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 dunner :P

great day! thought calvin was amazin and got the crowd goin :D saw one or two cameras lyin around but no blue ones. lost my fav green adidas jacket but still was a gud day:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 FeatherWeather

best day of my life... pit passes made it! i crowd surfed yaaa! but does anybody know if the footage of the day is going to be released on youtube or a dvd or anything? would really love to see it, im on loads of it haa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

just watched the intro of his set on youtube, it's a carbon copy of his sydney gigs earlier this year. Did he even vary anything I wonder or just throw out a pre-mixed set.

I saw him at EP in 2005 - he has vinyls of all the mixes done and he just throws them on one after the other. No mixing is done on the fly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭TheDemiurge

Had an epic day, still recovering. Talk of scumbags etc. is just snobbery, the crowd was very well behaved IMHO.

Loved Fatboy's set, I thought he'd just throw out the old standards.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Had an epic day, still recovering. Talk of scumbags etc. is just snobbery, the crowd was very well behaved IMHO.

Loved Fatboy's set, I thought he'd just throw out the old standards.

;)

During the gig, maybe.

Afterwards, not so much, I work in a petrol station quite close by and the cops had to be called just so the station could be shut (Place closes at 11 on the dot, scum turn up at about twenty past, demanding cigarettes, we couldnt sell them the smokes even if we wanted to! tills were closed added up etc, they start banging the windows and throwing shít around).

The surrounding area was covered in rubbish this morning.

• Advertisement

penexpers wrote: »
    I saw him at EP in 2005 - he has vinyls of all the mixes done and he just throws them on one after the other. No mixing is done on the fly.

bit of a pity really, is it not too much to expect a professional to mix tunes on the fly when charging whatever the ticket price was (I'm sure it was dear).

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ant_moore123

Thats the most rediculous thing i've ever heard

The music is seamless therefore he mixes one record(vinyl) into the next

Nothing is done on the fly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 kusasi23

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    What is a motherstuffer?

Was front row in the pit for Calvin Harris.. amazing he was.. really got the day going... Dizzie was crap.. headwrecking in fact, as for Guetto and Fatboy well I was fairly drunk but all the same thought they were great, did expect a bit better but ah well... as for all the "scum" as people are clearly putting it.. seriously leave it out... Ye the crowd was different to say the least but I had no trouble at all.... I worked Oxigen and it was as bad and I heard more stuff happened at that than in Marley Park..... 1 thing I will say they should of had more toilets ha!!! Brilliant day, wish it was on next weekend ;-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Of course he mixes the songs, otherwise they wouldn't be beat matched and there'd be an awful flow to the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    .. the dedicated bus service was the job, no overcrowding on the buses at all.
    Yep + 1! All credit to Dublin Bus they provided a fantastic service. They didnt crowd people onto them or let anyone stand. Everyone was just so messy drunk/off their heads it wouldve been too dangerous. Fair play DB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 gazmc

FBs plays off a laptop now, (he uses vynal to control Serato or tracktor scratch) or something along those lines, so yes the set could be just played off the laptop. DOnt really care though i thought it was that good!!

I thought everyone was good apart from David Guetta, i just thought he tried to push his album too much, (playing love takes over twice) not as if its even a good track... But anyway great day out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 gazmc

Sorry (Vinyl) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

I had a great time, but.....

So many knackers
    Pints were €6 after paying €70 for a ticket
    Sound was ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 09girl

Hi does anybody know who did the photography for the Fatboy Slim gig at Marley Park on Sun? (2.8.09)

We were walking up to where the guest list is and a Photographer took our pic but we don't know who she worked for or where the pics are gonna be put up?! anybody any ideas how to find out???? :confused: thanks !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fatboyfan22

what a ****ing god awful concert ive been a fatboy slim fan ever since he got started and this is what i get for 70 euro?
    the support acts were awful except mabe fo dizzie but even hes a one hit wonder with bonkers:mad:
    the sound wasnt even great and i was stanging directly beside a speaker i mean come on
    the crowd was nothing but a bunch of little spiceboy tinkers it was the biggest scumbag convention ever:mad:
    the guards ruined everything you couldnt have any fn with them looking over my shoulder every five seconds
    hate fatboy not not a fan any more dont come back to ireland fatboy you, your gig and everything about you is officialy ****:mad:

Advertisement