Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatboy Slim - Marlay Park - August 2nd

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Clover139

ok .. Dizzee and Calvin were amazing. The sound for Calvin tho was god awful, such a pity. Snuck into the pit for Dizzee and wow .. just wow. Fake Blood rocked it aswell. David Guetta bored me .. nothing special about him at all. Fatboy .. I liked him, but to be honest, that could've been any DJ I was listening to. He didnt really play many of his hits. Dont get me wrong, I still had a great time but there was nothing about his set that shouted I'M FATBOY SLIM!!
    The amount of scum there was ridiculous, but I didnt really expect much else. Security was pretty tight so the crowd were fairly well behaved. 6 euro a pint was ridiculous but the worst thing was the frickin little wine cartons for 7 bloody euro. made me sick. well done MCD, you clowns.

All in all, had a great day though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

The place should of been bombed. Heroin baby central.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭pf85

+1 scummy crowd
    +1 expensive and bad selection of drinks!

Can someone let me know a few of the names of tunes FBS played- particularly in the first 30mins..

• Registered Users Posts: 14 D_R_G_7

Ok , i was there i will admit there ws alot of nackers but they were the soundest people i've met in a while everyone was there for a good time alot of people didn't even know about fatboy slim,
    BUT

he absolutely rocked the place i was up the front for him and david guetta in the pit and it was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G !
    His set was out of this world

So quit complainin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

the support acts were awful except mabe fo dizzie but even hes a one hit wonder with bonkers:mad:

the sound wasnt even great and i was stanging directly beside a speaker i mean come on

the guards ruined everything you couldnt have any fn with them looking over my shoulder every five seconds

hate fatboy not not a fan any more dont come back to ireland fatboy you, your gig and everything about you is officialy ****:mad:

You do realise Dizzee Rascal has won the Mercury Music Prize? Now, I'm not a big fan really, but that leads me to believe that Bonkers, is not in fact his only "Hit"

One, sound at big outdoor gigs is awful in general (Clapton last year? Disaster), Two the sound is the best if you're in the middle, the PA caters for the full field, not just the area directly in front (Afaik).

Would you rather the cops ignored the crowd completely, and then intervened when a riot started? You were obviously doing something to attract attention.....

Now, I can understand not liking a band/artist as a live entity after being disappointed by them live, but not liking them full stop because you saw a dodgy gig? Doesnt really make a huge amount of sense to me if I'm honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    What is a motherstuffer?

Its stuff you can buy to stuff your mother with and preserve her body when she passes away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 chig

Anybody know the David Guetta song that just went 'I'm David Guetta Guetta Guetta.....'

Has been wrecking my head for days

And it was full of scum....I saw someone get stabbed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Steo K

Ah it wasnt all bad....sound was abit rubbish to be honest yeah I agree...and another thing that was wrong was HOW IN GODS NAME COULD YOU GET THOSE WRISTBANDS to get into the pit??? They where like a fiver or somthing but couldnt get them anywhere

All round everyone i met there was sound and looked like they where having a good time and norman put n a good show all round! not forgetting david calvin & dizzeee! and maybe even fake blood ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Steo K wrote: »
    Ah it wasnt all bad....sound was abit rubbish to be honest yeah I agree...and another thing that was wrong was HOW IN GODS NAME COULD YOU GET THOSE WRISTBANDS to get into the pit??? They where like a fiver or somthing but couldnt get them anywhere
    They're free, you just have to show up earlyish to get them. There's only a fixed amount and the first people in the queue get them.

first 5 thousand got wristbands. I just ran in past the guards without a wristband haha. once ua run into the crowd they're too lazy to come in after you and find you haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭chilli_pepper

chig wrote: »
    And it was full of scum....I saw someone get stabbed
    Surely your taking the pi5z here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

I also saw the aftermath of a stabbing, three paramedics carrying a guy off with a wound in his midsection. Personally I had no trouble with anyone, bar being accused of being an undercover Garda in the queue.

It was ok. David Guetta, despity looking like Bruno, was good craic, Dizzee Rascal was alright. Fatboy Slim put on possibly the worst DJ set I've ever heard, truly awful. The crowd was a bit rough (dole offices must have run out of cash and started handing out Fatboy Slim tickets instead) but not that much trouble that I saw. The usual overpriced pints and so on. Would I have bought a ticket if I knew what was in store? No. But I don't massively regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

mloc wrote: »
    I also saw the aftermath of a stabbing, three paramedics carrying a guy off with a wound in his midsection. Personally I had no trouble with anyone, bar being accused of being an undercover Garda in the queue.

It was ok. David Guetta, despity looking like Bruno, was good craic, Dizzee Rascal was alright. Fatboy Slim put on possibly the worst DJ set I've ever heard, truly awful. The crowd was a bit rough (dole offices must have run out of cash and started handing out Fatboy Slim tickets instead) but not that much trouble that I saw. The usual overpriced pints and so on. Would I have bought a ticket if I knew what was in store? No. But I don't massively regret it.

God it must be great looking down on ppl cause you have a job...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

mooeire wrote: »
    I find it quite satisfying :D

Zascar wrote: »
    I find it quite satisfying :D

:eek: :)

Not looking down as such, technically we have to pay you f*ckers :P

the support acts were awful except mabe fo dizzie but even hes a one hit wonder with bonkers:mad:

Dizzee Rascal has been around for years you twat. He has 4 albums. Just cos Bonkers is the only song you know from him doesnt mean he's a one hit wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

Re the comments from the dole office. The attitude shown below just shows how f**ed up this country has become and the arrogance that exists. Lads, it's early days in the recession / depression, and you assholes have a lot to learn about showing respect for citizens unfortunate to be in this position. There's another large tranch of people to lose their jobs, so wouldn't get too comfortable behind your computer screens.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Chill dude it was just a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

I had a great time. The queue was grand for pints:D

David Guetta rocked the place!! Better than Fatboy Slim I though but his intro was savage!!

Dizzee Rascal and Fake Blood were both good too...............BONKERS!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭TheDemiurge

I accept that loads of gigs have trouble and hassle getting home, etc. but I really hope from reading this thread and also other threads for gigs I was at this year, that as an audience we don't ever turn into the crowds at gigs overseas.

I was at The Who in Marley Park in 2007, loads of young people there who weren't even within ten years of being born when all the big hits were out, and the place went truly mental. Was at a special arranged fan club before Xmas in Indigo2 (beside the Dome in London) and the place was like Madame Tussauds. I stood out like a sore thumb being a five foot nothing mad Irish woman bouncing from floor to roof. Even Townsend himself told the crowd to take some drugs and chill out.

All the main performers say we're the best crowd in the world for an atmosphere; please let's not go up our a**es.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

All the main performers say we're the best crowd in the world for an atmosphere; please let's not go up our a**es.

I'd say every act says that everywhere they go tbh.

Zascar wrote: »
    Chill dude it was just a joke

Yeah yor post was but not that other stuck up ....!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah yor post was but not that other stuck up ....!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine was somewhat in jest. Of course being unemployed is not a shameful thing, in this day and age it is common, if regrettable that this is the case. I don't look down on anyone who is unable to find employment; I do however look down on those who are unwilling to find employment or who abuse the welfare system designed to help those truly in need.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭rg2007

one of the guys stabbed was in the year below me in school, really sound guy like, dunno how he ended gettin stabbed 3 times

Advertisement