Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop up summary changed

Options
  • 03-07-2009 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭

Up until recently, when I hovered my mouse over a post a summary of the post would appear in a horizontal box. Now, for some reason it has started to appear as a narrow vertical box that is very difficult to read. I don't recall having done anything to cause this, and I can't find any way of reverting to the original layout. Any good ideas? Is this something changed in Boards, or is it my computer (Mr. Microsoft has his own strange ways of doing things on occasions:confused:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Well, that's new:)

Nothing's changed for me so I can reasonaby assume it's something on your PC rather than something wonky with boards.

You're almost certainly going to have to ask this on the Windows forum but out of curiosity, what browser are you using? Does the same problem happen in another browser if you have one and does the same problem happen in either Windows Explorer when you're hovering over regular files or when you pause the mouse over one of the taskbar buttons or the clock in the bottom right of your screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Thanks for the response Sceptre. I didn't think it could have anything to do with Boards -- just eliminating one possibility. I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser, and the computer it runs on is Windows XP SP2. This odd effect only seems to occur on Firefox and nowhere else, and there doesn't appear to be any way of changing it. I'll press on looking for a solution, so thanks again and please don't waste any more of your time on it.

Best regards
    ART6

Advertisement