Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reducing creche fees

Options
  • 03-07-2009 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Anyone seen their "recession discount" in relation to creche fees ?
    Haven't seen anything myself (I live in Sandyford)

I've 2 kids and have been thinking about something to get a reduction:
    I wonder would a cash payment - say 3 months in advance be worth say a 10% reduction to the creche.
    Anyone any opinions on whether cash in an envelope / in advance makes a difference to the creche or will be refused outright ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lalalulu

Hi pulloutmethod..
    Having worked in two creche's for many years i think it's unlikely they would reduce your fees. I doubt a cash payment would make any difference to them.
    Saying that though we are in a recession so it would be in their interest to keep their customer's. I don't think there would be any harm in asking.
    Explain you can't keep up with the high fees and that the last thing you want to do is take the children out of the creche ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Does the creche offer a discount on the second & subsequent children? I work in a creche where there is a 10% discount on the second and each subsequent child. To be honest I can't see many creches reducing fees - they still have to pay staff, and if they are losing children because of parents losing their jobs they could be down on money as well, while still having to keep on staff because of adult child ratios.

Advertisement