Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I pull off DPs from crouching?

• 03-07-2009 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hey lads! As some of you may have noticed at the last meet, I'm a man for the combos but something thats bothering me is that I'd like to be able to link DPs into my combos (i.e.: cr. lpx2, cr. hp, DP) because with this, it would allow me to expand the combo into a FADC > EX Hkn / Tatsu or ultra and obviously the DP would do more damage if I ended the combo on that.

So is there any way of getting the DP while crouching or in middle of a combo like that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

down-forward, down, down-forward

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Wouldn't the super come out then?

Oh wait... Right, sorry :) I get it now. I'll try that. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    down-forward, down, down-forward

I use it all the time for Bisons teleports,holding the last down-forward or down-back lets you have charge after,I really do love ex stomp from teleport,truly delicious.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Wouldn't the super come out then?

Oh wait... Right, sorry :) I get it now. I'll try that. Thanks :)

If only it fecking did. If you try the super from crouch I'm sure you'll get a DP :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

This kinda stuff sounds harder with a stick over a d-pad alright.

• Advertisement

It's grand on a stick imo!

Well, I was thinking if I hold down-forward during the crouching jabs and strong punch then just do the hadouken motion, I'm guessing it would work then. It would be the same trick as when you do a jump in combo where you'd hold forward when going for the fly kick then press down+medium kick/punch then slide in qcf+p and voila! DP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

He plays on pad though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Hey lads! As some of you may have noticed at the last meet, I'm a man for the combos but something thats bothering me is that I'd like to be able to link DPs into my combos (i.e.: cr. lpx2, cr. hp, DP) because with this, it would allow me to expand the combo into a FADC > EX Hkn / Tatsu or ultra and obviously the DP would do more damage if I ended the combo on that.

So is there any way of getting the DP while crouching or in middle of a combo like that?

I always found it very tough with a pad. Since I trasitioned to a stick, it can be easily done by hitting DF + P simultaneously twice in quick succession.

• Advertisement

Just do df,f,df? :confused:

I finally can do the combo :). Only if I could do it every time though :( and its even harder to do it to the left. I think a stick would solve this so I think thats it, I think I'll go for a Saulaubi round gate stick.

I noticed on play asia though that its only PS3 compatible so is there a X360 version anywhere?

You wouldn't consider going for a more conventional stick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Saulabis are OK sticks, though IMHO adding a Myoungshin/Taeyoung Fanta stick (buy from laugh on SRK) is an upgrade well spent.
    However, for future upgrades, you might be better off getting a Japanese-style Madcatz SE, as parts to fit it are more readily available.

Advertisement