Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

x box live games?

• 03-07-2009 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hey there. i`m recently new to x box live. Just looking for recomendations on a game to buy that can get wear out of playing online. I have UFC09 but im a bot disapointed with the online play to be honest. Don`t want any soccer games

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Call of Duty 4 and/or Call of Duty 5 World at War are probably the best online games of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 -El-Nino-

1. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    2. Call of Duty 5: World at War
    3. Left 4 Dead
    4. Halo 3

In that order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I'd agree with the Call of Duty games and Left 4 Dead. All 3 are epic online. Loving Fight Night online at the moment myself as well so will have to recommend that. Perhaps not as much life in it as the others mentioned though,

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

Call of Duty and Left 4 Dead are brilliant but also Gears of War 2 is pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

<3 Worms 2: Armageddon. 800 points from XBLA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moved from games to xbox forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Once again, recommendations for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Left 4 Dead. if youre into a particular sport, most games have good online play such as FIFA, Madden etc. Avoid Pro Evo though. I love the game (prefer it to FIFA) but they have yet to produce a proper online system that doesnt lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭gizmo73

Cool, i think i`ll try call of duty or left for dead, seem to be the most popular out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭nige1982

tiger woods 10 is good on line, some very good players there tho! fight night r4, call of dutys, pleanty of others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Battlefield 1943.

It's only about 12 quid and it's great craic if you play with people you know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

u know for halo 3?? do ya ahve to have friends online to play it online cos it wont let me play any strangers?? and how do i pick who to play against??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Street Fighter 4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

smooch71 wrote: »
    Battlefield 1943.

It's only about 12 quid and it's great craic if you play with people you know

+1 you won't get better bang for your buck anywhere else on xbox live IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Pjfc37

Cod 4 is class, world at war is a terrible, terrible game i wouldnt recommend it to anyone, another good online game would be gears 2 but youll need a gud internet connection for it as lag is a serious problem in it ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

1. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    2. Halo 3
    3. Street Fighter 4
    4. Call of Juarez Bound in Blood
    5. Mortal Kombat vs DC

Far Cry 2 has a decent multiplayer, but the single player is awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

mink_man wrote: »
    u know for halo 3?? do ya ahve to have friends online to play it online cos it wont let me play any strangers?? and how do i pick who to play against??

go to matchmaking on the menu screen, select xbox live. Only certain types of games though are available unless you download all the downloadable content (i.e. the maps)

Advertisement