Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BB for a month - best, cheapest provider???

• 03-07-2009 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi my sis and her family are staying in my family home for about 5 weeks and would like to have broadband connected for their stay.

Is there any compnay that offer a one month contract or who could I check out for cheap offers?

The house is in county Limerick and the local exchange is bb enabled.

Your views and comments are welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Broadband for a month, dream on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

6 months a slim chance from eircom

Basically 1 year minimum any one else with real Broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

I suppose you could sign up with UPC for a year????, by murphys law you should have it then for about a month in total? lol, sorry man, just knew dub45 would love that one.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I have nothing against UPC except...................:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If you have a 3 mobile phone you could get the data add on and tether it to the pc for internet access. You can get ripwave from a pc world store. When you buy it in the shop you pay for two months access. After that you can either leave it or call them up and start a contract. Not sure if theirs ripwave access in limerick though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

No chance of broadband for a month, it just doesn't exist. The only hope is midband. PAYG from either Three or Meteor, or O2 Clear for 1 month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

Pshan wrote: »
    Hi my sis and her family are staying in my family home for about 5 weeks and would like to have broadband connected for their stay.

Is there any compnay that offer a one month contract or who could I check out for cheap offers?

The house is in county Limerick and the local exchange is bb enabled.

Your views and comments are welcome.

Clearly you use the Internet yourself, (as you have posted this) so it is hard to see why you wouldn't want Broadband in the house on a more permanent basis, if you live there normally? If you take a 6 month contract from eircom, the first month is free, so the remaining 5 months will cost you €125 in total. No installation fee, and you get a free wireless router, which you can probably keep afterwards. You won't be able to take advantage of the bundled offers which give better discounts, but you will save on any dial-up charges that you currently pay to access the Internet. For example, if you save €10 per month on dial-up, the 6 months will only have cost you €65. This is cheaper than the cheapest mobile dongle, and you will get Real Broadband. Seems like a no-brainer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Pshan

bugfreebob wrote: »
    Clearly you use the Internet yourself, (as you have posted this) so it is hard to see why you wouldn't want Broadband in the house on a more permanent basis, if you live there normally? If you take a 6 month contract from eircom, the first month is free, so the remaining 5 months will cost you €125 in total. No installation fee, and you get a free wireless router, which you can probably keep afterwards. You won't be able to take advantage of the bundled offers which give better discounts, but you will save on any dial-up charges that you currently pay to access the Internet. For example, if you save €10 per month on dial-up, the 6 months will only have cost you €65. This is cheaper than the cheapest mobile dongle, and you will get Real Broadband. Seems like a no-brainer.

Sorry, by family home I meant my parents home.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, not sure on what option we'll look at yet, so if anyone else has ideas please post them.

Thanks again.

Advertisement