Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free frames from Goggles4u

• 03-07-2009 7:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭

Just got an email from goggles4u.
    Place the order now with this limited time "Free frame offer".

Simply Enter Coupon Code : FreeFrame

The above coupon will discount your order by frame price.

You can call us during our business hours at our toll free number 1-888-368-1239 to place the order or contact our live agents.

Visit our website now www.Goggles4u.com or call 1-888-368-1239 and we will take your order over phone.

For bestsellers section http://www.goggles4u.com/bestsellers.asp

Should work out that your new specs will cost $17 (just over €12) delivered! Beat that :pac::pac:

P.S. The specs I got from them a couple of months back are spot on and am wearing them now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭gnolan

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Just got an email from goggles4u.

Should work out that your new specs will cost $17 (just over €12) delivered! Beat that :pac::pac:

P.S. The specs I got from them a couple of months back are spot on and am wearing them now.

Excellent. Just to note, if you're getting more than one pair, it will only remove the cost on one frame. But i placed two separate orders and it worked both times

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

coupon did not work for me
    "The discount number you entered (FreeFrame) was not found, has expired or is not applicable. Please click here if you wish to go back and try again."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

slave1 wrote: »
    "The discount number you entered (FreeFrame) was not found, has expired or is not applicable. Please click here if you wish to go back and try again."

Just tried it now and it worked.

Check totals and proceed to process payment.
    Applicable Discounts: Free Frame Offer

Total Goods: $29.99
    Shipping: Free Shipping $0.00Express Shipping $12.00
    Total Discounts: $12.99
    Sub Total: $17.00
    Grand Total: $17.00
    You must click below to complete the checkout process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Odd q - but how long do they take to deliver? I ordered and twas shipped on the 17th of this month. Just curious

star-pants wrote: »
    Odd q - but how long do they take to deliver? I ordered and twas shipped on the 17th of this month. Just curious

I think it was about 2 weeks give or take a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

wow, great offer, i have a pair myself. Must find my eye test results for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭gonzo1

Does this great price include lenses, or frames only?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I ordered from Zenni and Goggles4u 3 weeks ago. The Zenni specs arrived last week (they DHL'ed them from China..) and I'm still waiting for the googles4u specs. They are quick to respond but can't provide tracking numbers.

I'm pleased enough with Zenni - high-index lenses and frame for 47euro is not to be sniffed at.

gonzo1 wrote: »
    Does this great price include lenses, or frames only?

frames+lenses+tinting+coatings. All inclusive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

The glasses from that site really are top notch, I'm wearing a pair now and have a pair of prescription sunglasses at the house. May as well buy another pair now as backup! Cheers OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

Can't argue with the price but I find the goggles4u lenses to be difficult to clean without leaving a cloudy streak. I've tried a few cleaning products and have worn glasses for years - of the 7 or so pairs that I've had, the goggles4u lenses are undoubtedly the most difficult to clean in my experience.

Anyone else share this experience? I'm tempted to buy another pair to see if the problem is more to do with the shape of my frames than the actual lenses themselves.

Fnz wrote: »
    Anyone else share this experience? I'm tempted to buy another pair to see if the problem is more to do with the shape of my frames than the actual lenses themselves.
    Never noticed any problem cleaning mine. As long as I used the proper cloth rather than the end of my t-shirt :-)
    slave1 wrote: »
    This happened to me just now when ordering for the mrs. It was because it brought me to the co.uk site. You need to be in .com for the coupon to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Can't argue with the price but I find the goggles4u lenses to be difficult to clean without leaving a cloudy streak. I've tried a few cleaning products and have worn glasses for years - of the 7 or so pairs that I've had, the goggles4u lenses are undoubtedly the most difficult to clean in my experience.

I have found their anti-scratch coating is useless but for the money you really can't go wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i completely agree.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by slave1 View Post
    This happened to me just now when ordering for the mrs. It was because it brought me to the co.uk site. You need to be in .com for the coupon to work.

no matter what I do, when I type the .com into the url bar in either explorer or firefox, it automatically directs me to the .co.uk site:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

I cant get on the .com site. it keeps redirecting me to the .co.uk site.:(

Doing the same for me now, but i did get my order in on the .com site. Says all their EU orders are shipped from the UK now

Might have to use a US proxy for ordering from the .com site....seems like a lot of hassle for something that probably won't work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Anyway of getting around that?

gonker wrote: »
    Anyway of getting around that?

Google something like, "free us proxy server", input one of the server numbers and ports you find in to internet explorer (tools --> connections--> lan settings, or something like that) and try searching for goggles4u.com in the address bar. If it works your connection might be very slow but try to be patient with it.

I'd say, however, that if they're redirecting everyone in the EU to the .co.uk site, the .com site probably won't allow you to enter an Irish postal address

gnolan wrote: »
    Google something like, "free us proxy server", input one of the server numbers and ports you find in to internet explorer (tools --> connections--> lan settings, or something like that) and try searching for goggles4u.com in the address bar. If it works your connection might be very slow but try to be patient with it.

I'd say, however, that if they're redirecting everyone in the EU to the .co.uk site, the .com site probably won't allow you to enter an Irish postal address

It should still work. My first order I had no problem with on this desktop. Then for my next order a couple of hours later it kept redirecting me. So I was able to use a work computer in the states to make my next order and it accepted Ireland as the delivery address. So doing the suggestion above should work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 farrukhk

Use 10GBP as discount code. This will only work if your cart total is GBP 19.99
    The code will reduce the order price by GBP 9.99

the 10GBP code worked, tks

My sunglasses arrived yesterday. Seem fine - the buildings weren't coming right in at me when I tried them on. Of course its a fierce dull day so can't tell their effectiveness but the price was excellent.

I also liked the fact they supplied spare nosepads, screws and a really nifty combo tool with mini slot-screwdriver, mini-philips and a dead-handy nut tightener.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

Can I just ask quickly the people who use it, how this site works? As I'm long over due another eye check and these prices seem great.

Do you get your eyes tested here, and then tell them the results or something and pick your frames?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Can I just ask quickly the people who use it, how this site works? As I'm long over due another eye check and these prices seem great.

Do you get your eyes tested here, and then tell them the results or something and pick your frames?

I got my eyes tested in specsavers, they give you a copy of your prescription as part of the service. The only number required by the website that they don't give you is the PD, pupil distance. You can either ask them to measure it and give it to you (I did, told them I'd gotten a voucher for online sunglasses for my birthday, I like elaborate lies :)) or you can measure it yourself, it's just the distance between the two pupils. Have to say, though, I measured it myself the last time and came up with a different number. Although the glasses still seemed perfect to me!

Quackles, good lady, I am a fan of your elaborate lie and will be using the same method this week to get my eyes tested :)

Order a few pairs of frames I think. Many thanks.

As far as I can see from the goggles4u site, they don't seem to shout about their lenses' UV protection being certified in any way. They simply state that a UV filter is included. It would be nice to know that the sunglasses I'm wearing are up to a certain standard... and that my dilated pupils aren't being fried by those pesky ultra-violets!

Anyone else find that odd?

Also, after ordering 4 pairs last night, the 5th and subsequent pairs all went through the checkout process with the same frame ID number. Watch out for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Is there an easy way to find specific types of frames ?

How long did delivery take for others? I ask because I'm waiting a fortnight at this stage.

• Advertisement

Same here. 2 weeks tomorrow. Going away tomorrow was hoping to have them. Hopefully have them next week.

Mine were apparently posted on the 10th and still waiting. They say 10-12 business days for shipment, so that'd be between yesterday and Tuesday for me.

Mine took the bones of three weeks. Slower than Zenni.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

They come from Pakistan and are shipped to the UK before being shipped here from what I can make out. They're shipped first class from the UK so I'd imagine the delay is getting them from Pakistan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

I ordered them about 2 months ago and it took them about 3 and a half weeks to arrive. It was worth it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

If anyone has any other code to get a discount, could you please post it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

I want to know a few thing & any help is appreciated. I had an eye test done in specksavers, can I ask them for my results(will they give me them)? And also where do you enter them online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

padocon wrote: »
    I want to know a few thing & any help is appreciated. I had an eye test done in specksavers, can I ask them for my results(will they give me them)? And also where do you enter them online?
    Yes they'll give you the results if you ask.

FYI, two of my order from weeks ago arrived this morning. A day less than 4 weeks from when ordered. The other order I made at the same time arrived within a week. Weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭loopymum

I order two pairs early morning of the 7th July, they both arrived this morning.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Wow awesome prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Hubby's arrived this morning too. That's why yours arrived so late, Baz, we all ordered, made them very busy ;)

Yeah, I received a couple of pairs in the post yesterday as well. Great prices.

Just hope the price doesn't reflect the quality of the lenses. Don't want to harm my eyesight further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

Is this offer still running?

johnfás wrote: »
    Is this offer still running?

Just tried the "10GBP" code and it didn't work. It said it has expired.

Advertisement