Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thin Lizzy and other guitar rocking stuff on BBC 4 tonight

• 03-07-2009 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

From 10 pm
    Archive performance by Irish guitar rockers Thin Lizzy in concert at the Regal Theatre, Hitchin. The set includes Jailbreak, Cold Sweat and The Boys are Back in Town.

Thin Lizzy for 30 mins Sound and Sound in Concert series then More Guitar Heroes at the BBC 10.35-11.35
    A celebration of Seventies-era axe-men, acoustic virtuosos and thumping riff merchants, in a compilation of guitar-heavy performances from the BBC TV archives. Guitar gods including Jimi Hendrix, Pete Townshend, Peter Green and Johnny Winter are joined by flamenco maestro Manitas De Plata, bottleneck bluesman Ry Cooder and straight-up rockers AC/DC and Thin Lizzy. Plus, Fleetwood Mac's ambient masterpiece Albatross, the Jam's In The City and Free's Alright Now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Balls, is it possible to find out when it'll be repeated?

Edit: Nevermind, it doesn't look like it'll be repeated anytime soon according to the bb4 website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just a heads up, More Guitar Heroes at the BBC is on again at 00.30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

that thin lizzy thing was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

I know i'm going a little off topic but was there ever any truth in a film being made of the life of philo and lizzy. There was some strong talk of it a couple of years ago but haven't heard anything on it over the last while. Any one know what the story is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

davylee wrote: »
    I know i'm going a little off topic but was there ever any truth in a film being made of the life of philo and lizzy. There was some strong talk of it a couple of years ago but haven't heard anything on it over the last while. Any one know what the story is?
    Yeah, I remember Gary Dourdain of CSI fame was being linked with the lead role.

From Wikipedia:

In November 2005, American actor Gary Dourdan revealed in a radio interview that he has carried out preliminary work with a view to playing Phil Lynott in a film biography. This has also been tentatively confirmed by Phil Lynott's mother, Philomena, in an article by Rolling Stone magazine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Was watching that the other night. Great footage! The Thin Lizzy concert was class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 evakapp

Found this..

Nightwatcher's House Of Rock is reporting:
    A Hollywood movie based on the life of late THIN LIZZY frontman/bassist Phil Lynott has been shelved - after surviving band members accused filmmakers of sensationalizing the star's drug abuse.
    Lynott died of heart failure and pneumonia on January 4, 1986 at the age of 36, after years of alcohol and drug abuse.
    A biopic, starring CSI actor Gary Dourdan in the lead role, was set to be shot - but the project has now been halted after Thin Lizzy's remaining members expressed their concerns.
    And guitarist Scott Gorham insisted the movie's directors will not win their approval until the script is completely rewritten.
    He said: "It's an ongoing saga because when we looked at the script, it was full of truths and half-truths and Hollywood's take on Phil's life was all about drugs.
    "Of course there were drugs - that's the sensational side of Thin Lizzy - but when the movie absolutely centered on that it became a problem.
    "We want to veer people towards the music of Phillo and Thin Lizzy because he was a remarkable songwriter, musician and performer.
    "There was a lot more to Phil and the band than just taking drugs. It irritates me that the personal stuff overshadows the musical legacy. You only get one shot at getting a movie right. We won't give it the green light until everyone is happy."
    Source: Nightwatcher's House Of Rock

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

I was looking forward to seeing it but if the other lads in the band are not fully behind it yet, then i suppose it's best.
    Hope it does happen though

Advertisement