Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations on a phone please

• 03-07-2009 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

I’m thinking about getting a new phone to replace my Sony k630I.
    Essentials on phone for me would be a Bluetooth, and a good/decent camera
    It would be nice to have gps or Google maps with wifi

I have a budget of €200

I’m on prepay with Vodafone as I only use around €20 a month credit on calls , I also have my land line with Vodafone so my family can always call back for free , so want to stay with Vodafone

The only phone I can find that ticks most of the boxes is

Sony Ericsson, W715 €269 (pre pay vodafone)

https://www.vodafone.ie/df/shop/ProductDetails.shtml?handsetselected=305035&offerSelected=prepayupgrade&action=view

A bit more than i want to spend or have, just wondering does anyone have any or recommendations or could they recommend this phone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Well the sony is over your budget already :)

I have recommend the n95 so many times, but it really is so hard to beat! You could pick one up for around €200, €250max! Will do more than you need. I dont think the networks are still selling them, but you can pick one up from adverts.ie, or ebay, or other online places. You may get them in shops, buy wont be the networks shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭popey21

This looks like a really good option , i been looking on ebay, theres a few in my price range, i persume the only difference between the NOKIA N95 4 GB and 8 GB is the memory size of the card that come with it and not any of the features

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

get a nokia 5800 expressmusic...

It ticks all the boxes imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

popey21 wrote: »
    This looks like a really good option , i been looking on ebay, theres a few in my price range, i persume the only difference between the NOKIA N95 4 GB and 8 GB is the memory size of the card that come with it and not any of the features

Pretty much ye, the N95 has an expandable memory card slot, while the n95 8GB has 8GB of memory built in to the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭smilerf

stay clear of the c902 as if ur life depended on it.
    lovely looking phone but so many things wrong with it

• Advertisement
Advertisement