Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drilled and Tapped

Options
  • 03-07-2009 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

are the spacings of the holes on a drilled and tapped receiver universal, i want to put a weaver or picatinny rail on my weihrauch and am wondering how will i know whether it will fit or not if i buy it online, for instance would a base or rail designed for a remy 700 short action fit my gun

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

If you're talking about reputable web retailers just send them an e-mail asking for specifications and they'll tell you. If the words e-bay, cheap and China feature in the sellers' description I'd be carefull.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

no i want a good one, seen that i'm planning on blowing all my savings on a new scope i said i better not use s**t to mount it:D i was looking at opticswarehouse.co.uk. Am i better off just going to a local dealer with the gun and scope and getting it mounted there and then for the sake of a couple of euro?

i was looking at this and wondering would it hold up to a centrefire or is it only for air rifles? http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=BS17025&cat=412
    i was kinda hoping i could get something similar to this but with a screws that would go into the holes drilled in the top of the reciever

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭kakashka

ormondprop wrote: »
    are the spacings of the holes on a drilled and tapped receiver universal, i want to put a weaver or picatinny rail on my weihrauch and am wondering how will i know whether it will fit or not if i buy it online, for instance would a base or rail designed for a remy 700 short action fit my gun
    Hello,i'm a picatinny fan and have a little knoledge built up through trial and error,i dont think the 700 rail will fit the Weihrauch,1 set of mounting holes may line up but action diameters would be dif and are stepped on 700,
    Can you give details of your gun and a bit more info as to what exactly you'd like to do,do you already have pic/weaver rings?

my gyn is a weihrauch 60j with a 3/8" dovetail i think, i want to buy a new scope and i know a guy selling a good one with weaver mounts so i want to see can i fit them onto mine, i know i could get new mounts but i like the ones on it as they wont move, thats problem i have with the mounts i have on it at the moment, they keek slipping back, thats why i'm hoping i could get a rail securely fitted to it or a set of mounts that screw into the receiver

I remember the gun now,probably 11mm dove,can you measure distance between holes,you have 2 sets of 2 holes i presume?measure between 2 front holes,both sets prob the same but measure both anyway and measure distance between the 2 sets,Anschutz or Marlin may be simular

• Advertisement

the holes are 13mm apart centre to centre and the distance between the 2nd and 3rd holes is 87mmImage014.jpgImage016.jpgImage015.jpg

I dont know if you'll find a one piece to fit but i'm fairly sure you'll find two piece weaver bases,best bet might be dealer who sells Marlin,same dimentions and some Marlin rimfire rifles came with two piece weaver bases but usually never fitted
    Anschutz would more than likely also fit,again i'm not sure if you'll get one piece to fit your Hornet

thanks, i better start checking with a few dealers so, your right about it having an 11mm dovetail too. i found his site that sells adapters that look ok
    http://www.nvscopes.com/weaver%20adapter.html

has anybody here ever used them?

Just had a look at that,they dont actually screw into the action,just slide onto dove and are clamped by grub screws,dont think it would be an improvement TBH,try find the Marlin weaver bases,should only be couple quid and made from steel,if you already have weaver rings then it's your cheapest first option, there are also a lot of mounts available for 11mm dove though

ya i knew they didn't screw into the action but they were all i could find, i found these since so i'm going to see will they fit my rifle
    http://www.midwayuk.com/apps/eproductpage.exe/ShowProduct?saleitemid=761951

• Advertisement

They should do the job,Midway wont post to IRL though so you'll need a friend in UK
    Good luck

Advertisement