Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cro Cop/UFC saga continues

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

GSPfan wrote: »
    Yes
    Ok.....any reason why youd think that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Ok.....any reason why youd think that?

In certain cases, I do think that the UFC has booked fights with the idea that a certain guy will win, setting up something bigger. But in a fight like Henderson vs Rampage, where it's two top guys, I really don't think that they have any expectations going in. Anyway, if anything, they'd have wanted Rampage to win because he's more charismatic and marketable

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Fozzy wrote: »
    In certain cases, I do think that the UFC has booked fights with the idea that a certain guy will win, setting up something bigger. But in a fight like Henderson vs Rampage, where it's two top guys, I really don't think that they have any expectations going in. Anyway, if anything, they'd have wanted Rampage to win because he's more charismatic and marketable
    Thats what Id say too but no expectations for that fight is very different from the UFC expecting Hendo to go knocking out 2 of the best fighters in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Forrest weighs 253lbs?

I don't think that Cro Cop would want to cut weight. I'm sure that I've heard him talk about how it's the heavyweight title that he specifically wants, and I think that he's got a better chance of a title in the heavyweight division

Not that I think he'll come close to winning a title though

Forrest weighs 240lbs. Cro Cop is normally 220lbs in his fights, the last one he weighed 233. But still Griffin is heavier than Cro Cop and can fight at LHW no problem. I'd love to see Mirko ar 205.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Forrest weighs 240lbs. Cro Cop is normally 220lbs in his fights, the last one he weighed 233. But still Griffin is heavier than Cro Cop and can fight at LHW no problem. I'd love to see Mirko ar 205.

Forrest doesn't weigh 240lbs come fight time though. I've heard about him cutting from around 225lbs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Forrest doesn't weigh 240lbs come fight time though. I've heard about him cutting from around 225lbs

I know, but my point is Cro Cop can and should cut if heavier people can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

crocop is old and has no weight cutting pedigree and not much interest in doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Forrest stated in a interview recently, that when he is in shape, 215 is his ideal weight.

Cro Cop is probably better staying heavyweight for reasons already mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I originally said "The Ufc thought he would be knocking those guys out" when I was talking about Dan Henderson v Anderson Silva and Rampage.

Obviously they weren't EXPECTING anything but when you focus on clips of Dan Knocking Wanderlei out and class him as having heavy hands then I'm sure they thought he could knock them out.

I suppose thats the way they wanted to market him so who knows. But when someone walks into the Octagon with two belts on his shoulders I do think the UFC had higher hopes for him. But again I'm only guessing....:confused:

As for Cro Cop...... I'll be shocked if he beats anyone in the top 4 of the heavyweight division.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

http://mmamania.com/2009/07/08/report-junior-dos-santos-vs-mirko-cro-cop-possible-for-ufc-103-on-sept-26/
    “They took me off the August 29 show. My opponent’s changed. I’ll probably face Cro Cop. If I beat him I’ll be in really good standing. If that’s truly the case, I’m guaranteed on the main card and in the main event of the evening. If I were to fight now it wouldn’t be on the main card…. To me it’s incredible. When they asked me if they could change the fight date I was a bit bothered, because I wanted to fight right away. I’ve been away for some time now. But the Fertitta brothers asked me and I accepted. After that I found out it would be against Cro Cop and was overjoyed. It’ll be a big opportunity in my career. Lots of good things have happened in my life and this is one more. I’m going to make the most of it.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

Jesus, I'm starting to feel like Cro Cop's estranged mistress here with all this claiming and counter-claiming, alleged midnight flights on a private jet to Zagreb and unofficial press-leaks tugging at the heart strings:o

I wish they'd just publicly announce something official or STFU to be honest.

ANYway, IF this match-up is for real (and for what it's worth, the source seems stronger than usual) it'll be a tough fight for CC for sure. I think he could be able to boss the standup game enough to win, but he'd have to be very careful. JDS has huge power.

Advertisement