Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weed

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

CianRyan wrote: »
    Holland...
    That's all i want to say.

What a kick ass country, great artists, great architecture, making some pretty ape shít cars...
    All thanks to smoking loads of weed!!*

Dutch people are arseholes.

Besides that, the majority of them don't acually smoke. It's mostly the tourists.

What cars do they make?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

kraggy wrote: »
    Dutch people are arseholes.

Besides that, the majority of them don't acually smoke. It's mostly the tourists.

What cars do they make?

This little beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Nice to see that over half the people who've voted, use the drug. And another 17% have either tried it or stopped smoking it.

And that .88% like Futurama too much :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Another free the weed thread. Great.

Loads of talk no action followed by another free the weed thread and no action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

its a great buzz when taken in moderation, hash tastes rotten though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

used to smoke it by the tonne when i was younger. Havent smoked a spliff in about a year now tho I would say. Me poor lungs weren't able for it anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

It's not a free the weed thread, it is a thread seeing how many of the people on boards smoke weed. I smoke regularly, but I wouldn't support legalisation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Min wrote: »
    I don't believe alcohol has long term effects on mental health, I don't agree with binge drinking either, alcohol in moderation is fine.
    Some people though react badly to alcohol and shouldn't go anywhere close to it.

The exact same thing applies to weed.

Did you know that 100% of people who have had mental illnesses, or have died from any kind of disease or illness....they ALL used to breath oxygen?

Every one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

It's action of a sort.
    These threads are lively and (usually) intelligent debates about cannabis use ,breaking down some of the myths about its' use (although it's debatable if those with more entrenched views ever change their minds) and discussion here forms a small part in changing the consensus view ,which should have an effect when our generation comes into power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

wudangclan wrote: »
    It's action of a sort.
    These threads are lively and (usually) intelligent debates about cannabis use ,breaking down some of the myths about its' use (although it's debatable if those with more entrenched views ever change their minds) and discussion here forms a small part in changing the consensus view ,which should have an effect when our generation comes into power.

Your a generation late. It doesnt change the fact that there lots of talk and never any action.

The legalise cannabis movement actually does little politically to make any real change. A march a year organised by the same handful of people and then it all just stops.

Dispell as many myths as you like unless ye actually do something itll never happen. It makes no difference to me as I don't touch the stuff any-more and TBH im not really sure it should be legalised.

Simple fact is there lots of talk and no action, the general belief that when we come to power it will all change. Im sorry it wont unless you actually lobby.

Im going to bugger off out of this thread iv said enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Is there not a Canadian site where you can have week delivered to your door? It's all done using some sort of secure e mail (hushmail.com I think)
    There was a site, until they shut down shipping to Ireland, because An Post figured it out, because we talked about it on here.

Actually that might have been my fault. I was stoned and excited at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

If one closes down another site will just open up. And thats exactly whats happened. Budmail is working under a different name and you need a code to access the site. Ive never really availed of it. Id rather pay a bit extra to get it here to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I don't smoke weed, not out of any objection to it, but I already rely on alcohol when I go out, I am **** when I go out sober, so I would rather not rely on weed as well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Very rarely, very tasty nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Your a generation late. It doesnt change the fact that there lots of talk and never any action.

The legalise cannabis movement actually does little politically to make any real change. A march a year organised by the same handful of people and then it all just stops.

Dispell as many myths as you like unless ye actually do something itll never happen. It makes no difference to me as I don't touch the stuff any-more and TBH im not really sure it should be legalised.

Simple fact is there lots of talk and no action, the general belief that when we come to power it will all change. Im sorry it wont unless you actually lobby.

Im going to bugger off out of this thread iv said enough.
    There are people and groups lobbying the government to change this, beyond bringing it to public attention what do you expect? Armed revolt, stoners scaling the gates of the custom house with flaming torches, beheading heads of state?

If Guards, nurses and teachers can't make the government change then we have little hope. There is little that can be done. All I can do is my bit, I get all my weed off local small time growers and don't contribute to big organised crime.

I've no faith in our government, legal system or public service any more I don't want any part of it saved. Trying to fix the current lot would be like trying to fix an old valve radio, possible but utterly pointless in a digital world.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭emperor_krunchy

watch "The Union- The Business Behind Getting High"
    It's a very good documentary
    You can find it on Google Video AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

BITCH I WANNA TALK TO SAMSON

(but seriously, I smoke weed everyday, its awesome)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

If I have it I'll smoke a little every evening until it's gone, if I don't have any for months on end either it doesn't bother me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mossticles

Sir Shmoke Alot is a good guy too but Mr. Niceguy is the Man with the right stuff.

Legalise, most people want it, let's get it done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

I go to Amsterdam for a smoke twice a year,The weed here in Ireland is not the best of quality and its too expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Back when I was 18 I used to have the occasional joint but gave it up for good when some cnut of a friend I used to hang out with laced it with something one night. ****ing awful experience!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 richie spice

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    If I have it I'll smoke a little every evening until it's gone, if I don't have any for months on end either it doesn't bother me either.

let me guess the habitual non-buyer.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

let me guess the habitual non-buyer.:rolleyes:

Ah yes the old, Can I get a hit of your weed? Problem

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Back in first year in college. Mate of mine used to get the weakest ass dope you could find. The odd time I did get abit stoned, i usually threw up after it.
    Ah carefree days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭mormank

well i have only started smoking about 6 months ago. never touched it or alcohol while in ireland. landed down under about 28 months ago. started trying random stuff that i had never touched before. imo alcohol is the most over rated drug in the world!! my god, i spent years and years watching my mates who would get drunk every weekend and those that would get high regularly. iwould say weed has lived up to expectations, alcohol has not! not even gonna mention what i think is best as it is off topic.. :D

anyway i have found this thread quite informative for the most part and has given me alot to think about so cheers for all your input! (disclaimer to those that are thinking, oh my god another weed thread, as it has been good for me to read!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Faroman

I smoked for 2 years. And let me tell you your perspective of things change in a good way. That's just my opinion. I quit 2 months ago and it was easiest to quit ever. Even though i'm off I still think its a lot safer for you then alcohol.

One day I hope to learn to use in moderation so i can do it every now and again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Faroman wrote: »
    I smoked for 2 years. And let me tell you your perspective of things change in a good way. That's just my opinion. I quit 2 months ago and it was easiest to quit ever. Even though i'm off I still think its a lot safer for you then alcohol.

One day I hope to learn to use in moderation so i can do it every now and again.

Threads from 2009 though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement