Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

uprising wrote: »
    i've smoked it for over half my life, mainly hash, more weed nowadays, i find it mellowing, relaxing. I've drank for years and it caused me nothing but trouble.
    just about to roll a j of green, smoke it, then go to bed and watch discovery channel.
    Then when I arise I'll put on the kettle and stick a couple of skins.
    Weed and documentaries, is there any better mix?

By the way I hate you and your bastard bag of weed. I just have to go to bed drunk. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I think people who use it frequently every week, aren't the best people to judge how it affects them. Drink is similar in that respect.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

K-9 wrote: »
    I think people who use it frequently every week, aren't the best people to judge how it affects them. Drink is similar in that respect.
    Every week? As in once a week or daily? I'd assume your implying someone who either drinks or smokes once a week has a problem.

But even if it's someone who uses daily it's the same as saying that someone who never smokes can't really form an educated opinion on the matter.

Abusing any drug or anything for that matter is bad.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Every week? As in once a week or daily? I'd assume your implying someone who either drinks or smokes once a week has a problem.

But even if it's someone who uses daily it's the same as saying that someone who never smokes can't really form an educated opinion on the matter.

Abusing any drug or anything for that matter is bad.

No, frequently every week.

The danger with both that I've found is, as is the nature of mind altering drugs, the mind starts self justifying the use.

It's no harm taking a break from both, every so often.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Never.

In fact, the whole drug thing is a real load of bollox.

Really.

Just think about it.

If you don't agree, you're wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Colt 45 and 2 zig-zags baby that's all we need
    We can go to the park, after dark
    Smoke that tumbleweed
    As the marijuana burn we can take our turn singin' them dirty rap songs
    Stop and hit the bong like Cheech and Chong
    And sell tapes from here to Hong Kong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

strongr wrote: »
    Colt 45 and 2 zig-zags baby that's all we need
    We can go to the park, after dark
    Smoke that tumbleweed
    As the marijuana burn we can take our turn singin' them dirty rap songs
    Stop and hit the bong like Cheech and Chong
    And sell tapes from here to Hong Kong

please tell me what this is from, is it cyprus hill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

ch2008 wrote: »
    There is quite a substantial body of research that links Marijuana use with the development of psychosis.

mdma or acid if what ya should be looking for if your after psychosis ya silly billy.

please tell me what this is from, is it cyprus hill?

afro man - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_BrHY9czhk

K-9 wrote: »
    No, frequently every week.

The danger with both that I've found is, as is the nature of mind altering drugs, the mind starts self justifying the use.

It's no harm taking a break from both, every so often.

so your saying people who smoke up and drink once every week are over using? please.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭smithcity

I used to smoke all the time. Loved it, never got in the way of leading my life, never caused hangovers or any other detrimental effects.
    I'd still be smoking these days if I had a connect, unfortunately I don't.
    Still miss it though, it's a fantastic drug, both socially and just for unwinding at home with a dvd or tv.

Anyone who wants to criticise it on the basis of legality, really oughta try it before judgeing. Try a night on the smoke, then a night on the booze, then tell me which should be illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Meh, I don't buy into all this anti-weed hype.
    These guys have been smoking it for years with zero ill effects.

strongr wrote: »
    so your saying people who smoke up and drink once every week are over using? please.....

Already answered.

It's FREQUENTLY every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I'm pretty goddamn stoned right now....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

getting there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Nope not my bag. Puts me to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Boggle wrote: »
    While I appreciate that you say that you work with "addicts", I would suggest that you are too close to the matter to be in any way objective. I have smoked hash for years quite regularly but when I run out or get bored of it I stop - end of. There is no physical dependence on hash any more than there is in watching your favorite soap on telly. That difficulty you mention is that they have nothing better to do or just prefer being stoned. Or they have underlying psychological problems and the hash or grass is the only thing that levels them out.

Fact is that some people just like to think they are victims cos thats the only attention they ever get. Also it gets you out of having to look for work as they can now get disability.

For the definitive answer, just tel me if holland or canada has a verifiably higher incidence of psychosis than Ireland. If not, then you have your definitive field study.

So your saying that because I work with those who experience the down side of drug use that I cannot make an objective viewpoint; however, based on your subjective use of the said drug, you can make a objective opinion. That's just a joke. My posts are based on objective experiences of the people who present.

All my qualifications are psychological in nature so I would have some sense of establishing whether or not the people in question have psychological issues. You seem to be able to judge the people I refer to quite effectively without ever having met them. I can't think of one person I worked with around hash only that would fit your victim or not wanting to work profile.

These type of threads do be gas, people trying to defend their drug use with very weak points, "it never cause me problems...." Just because it never caused you any problems that your aware of does not meant it hasn't caused others significant problems.

Suddenly everybody is an expert, personally I don't claim to be. The points I have been making is that it can cause addiction in some people, its associasted with psychological distress is some too. I think I have been quite fair in noting that in others you do not see this down side. Whilst it may not affect you, to claim on that basis that it is a great drug is just not seeing the whole picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

you feel if the pilot of your full plane from rio to paris (320 people) with a full load of fuel observed that we should be taking off in 2 minutes and that he just finished a joint of jamaican finest, would you be happy? yes or no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

you feel if the pilot of your full plane from rio to paris (320 people) with a full load of fuel observed that we should be taking off in 2 minutes and that he just finished a joint of jamaican finest, would you be happy? yes or no

I be as happy as I would be if he had sank four pints prior to taking off. Do I win a prize? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I be as happy as I would be if he had sank four pints prior to taking off. Do I win a prize? :confused:
    Yes. Me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Rosedale6

I used to have a smoke in my younger days, but now that ive got responsables i dont touch the stuff anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

ScumLord wrote: »

As an addiction worker though you only see the worst side of drugs. I never said it had no effect on peoples mental health. It can make a bad situation worse it can very easily encourage lazy behavior due to it being so easy to maintain a daily habit but long term effects are rare without a catalyst. I'm smoking over 10 years now and would say Cannabis has, overall improved my life. It's held me back at times but overall it's had a positive effect on my view of the world.

I made that point myself in an earlier post, I have no problems in noting that some people smoke and experience few or no negative effects. However, what got me posting was the denial around the negative effects that it can have in some people, the addiction or psychological distress.

There are significant issues around hash in this country, continued everyday smoking is not recreational use if your having a spliff on the bus/car on the way the way to work in the morning and continuing through the day your only fooling yourself. [No you personally]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

If he passed that ****, I'd sit in the cockpit rolling one up for when we get to cruisin altitude :cool:. Stoned pilots for the ****ing win!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

it's not the drug, it's the person taking it. Much like guns dont kill people, people do.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

75% of people have or do use it.. thats more than I expected really

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

it's not the drug, it's the person taking it. Much like guns dont kill people, people do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

75% of people have or do use it.. thats more than I expected really

Maybe it just says a lot about Boards users.........

Haven't ever touched the stuff. I may take a puff if it was offered to me among friends, but I don't smoke anyway so think I'd prefer cracking open a beer instead! Wouldn't touch any other drugs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Steo46

I heard you the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Have never touched the stuff and never will. Each to their own.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement