Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,395 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

stoned sex is fun :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

rarnes1 wrote: »
    stoned sex is fun :pac:
    Indeed

liah wrote: »
    I don't react poorly to the weed here. It just does nothing for me, nothing like the wonderful mellow giddy happy buzz I get from the stuff back home. But most of the people I talk to won't smoke it because it makes them paranoid, which I'd never even heard of as a side affect from people back home.
    I smoked some pretty good stuff with a Canadian couple at Neil Young last year,much better than anything i ever got over here

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I don't react poorly to the weed here. It just does nothing for me, nothing like the wonderful mellow giddy happy buzz I get from the stuff back home. But most of the people I talk to won't smoke it because it makes them paranoid, which I'd never even heard of as a side affect from people back home.
    I'm not at all that picky about weed. Bush weed is cheap and pretty crap but it gets you high. middle ground weed is (expensive here) gets you high, top class weed is really expensive but gets you high it's all more or less the same. I suppose being Irish we make do with what we've got where as in other countries people have the opportunity to become connoisseur of the drug.

Irish really have no idea what real drugs should be like, the muck that's passed of as illegal drugs shouldn't even get you in trouble. Soap bar hash has a maximum of 25% cannabis content, with coke your lucky to get that. I really can't work out which is worse the possibility of what in these low quality drugs or the actual drugs them selfs, it sickens me that the law won't defferiencate between the actual drug and the watered down muck you buy here. They'll charge you for watered down stuff as if it was the real deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

there is good clean stuff out there if you know where to get it but there's plenty of crap also.this is an unfortunate consequence of ireland being the last outpost in europe and the willingness of the irish to keep buying crap.
    as regards hash,on a commercial scale the majority would rather pay for soaps than pay for clean polm and upwards,so the market for something like first press tends to be pretty specialized.
    on the weed side of things there may be an improvement as more people start to grow stuff here.we may hit the heights of b.c.bud.
    the problem in ireland is the high sentences for dealing means that the people selling the stuff will always go for maximum profit therefore using chemicals,adding sugar,mixing with low grade stuff etc etc
    as soon as the weed's freed things'll be looking up

• Advertisement

wudangclan wrote: »
    the problem in ireland is the high sentences for dealing means that the people selling the stuff will always go for maximum profit therefore using chemicals,adding sugar,mixing with low grade stuff etc etc
    as soon as the weed's freed things'll be looking up
    What high sentences? 6 months suspended for dealing is the usual.

It's simple Irish greed that's involved here. Sentences are much higher in other countries yet they have much better quality drugs. People wouldn't tolerate the drugs that are sold here in other countries. There's to much competition in other countries, all drugs in Ireland are controlled by a small minority of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

ScumLord wrote: »

It's simple Irish greed that's involved here. Sentences are much higher in other countries yet they have much better quality drugs. People wouldn't tolerate the drugs that are sold here in other countries. There's to much competition in other countries, all drugs in Ireland are controlled by a small minority of people.

6 months suspended?? what papers do you read??
    try 7 to 10 years. and there are very few european countries who impose higher sentences.perhaps scandanavia.
    it's risk versus reward here resulting in high prices for crap.

Free the weed from where....i never understood that saying..
    From the confines of the man!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Wertz wrote: »
    Only on days that end in a Y...

That's the rule of thumb that I use.

wudangclan wrote: »
    6 months suspended?? what papers do you read??
    try 7 to 10 years. and there are very few european countries who impose higher sentences.perhaps scandanavia.
    it's risk versus reward here resulting in high prices for crap.
    Dealing starts at a quarter. You only get full sentences if you've got loads and loads of different drugs when your caught. You need to have a load of coke, a load of cannabis and a load of pills to be considered a dealer worth throwing a full 10 year sentence at.

If your just caught with a load of weed you won't get anywhere near 10 years, you'll be (un)lucky to get anything more than a suspended sentence. that's for your first offence mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Dealing starts at a quarter. You only get full sentences if you've got loads and loads of different drugs when your caught. You need to have a load of coke, a load of cannabis and a load of pills to be considered a dealer worth throwing a full 10 year sentence at.

If your just caught with a load of weed you won't get anywhere near 10 years, you'll be (un)lucky to get anything more than a suspended sentence. that's for your first offence mind.

In theory its the amount, the euro equivalent of over £10,000 will get you the 10 mandatory sentence, that's in theory judges dislike being told what to do. However, I see two get the 10 for just over the 12,000 e mark, both hash. One of these was a first offender,

Odysseus wrote: »
    In theory its the amount, the euro equivalent of over £10,000 will get you the 10 mandatory sentence, that's in theory judges dislike being told what to do. However, I see two get the 10 for just over the 12,000 e mark, both hash. One of these was a first offender,
    That's still a **** load of drugs though. Even taking into account the fact that the guards double the worth of any drugs they find your still looking at €6000 worth of hash which is about 15 bars of soap which is about 135 oz. Most dealers don't have that amount of drugs on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

That's still a **** load of drugs though. Even taking into account the fact that the guards double the worth of any drugs they find your still looking at €6000 worth of hash which is about 15 bars of soap which is about 135 oz. Most dealers don't have that amount of drugs on them.

I fully agree with you on that, but that's the level the mandatory stuff is supposed to kick in at. However, even with that I know cases where it hasn't been used. On a recent enough case of a very significant amount a person was given the 10 with a review after 5, so in theory they could be out in 5-7. But your right even to make the mandatory level your talking about a significant amount of whatever drug.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

People in this country don't even know how to smoke weed. You bastards mix it with tobacco ffs. Like, wtf?! No wonder it's addictive, it's half a cigarette!

Plus the weed here is far, far from pure and you never know wtf you're getting. Also, half of you seem to think that hash and weed are identical and interchangeable in title-- they're not.

Ireland isn't a good place for debate on weed as the majority of you have only tried it or know people who tried it in this country while mixed with tobacco and probably haven't a clue about the real stuff.

Stuff here gives a bad buzz and makes you paranoid and sick half the time. Try good, proper, pure weed, not mixed with anything, and then put in your two cents.

/end rant.
    /end missing Canadian weed. :(

There used to be a time when you could get canadian weed here ¬¬
    I've had just as good if not better in Holland tbh. You guys are good growers no doubt but weed is weed.
    Your point on smoking it neat I agree with entirely...but in this country it's a question of economics. I already spend much more than I'd like, on a substance that can be difficult to obtain and highly sought after by the local drug squad detectives. Putting a gramme or two into a spliff is the way I do it when I'm in the 'dam and finding the ingredient is no problem, and more after when that's gone. Back in Ireland though I might be paying €50 for 3-4 grammes...whcih goes to make about 2-3 spliffs, doing it your way. Fair enough, those are extra strong spliffs and you don't smoke as many...but for the majority of people (unless you're a dealer/grower) that is the height of luxury and simply undoable for someone that likes a regular intake.
    As it stands now I put maybe 1/3 gramme and 2/3's of cigarette into mine...the weed is almost always top notch and I get the same level of buzz I'd get off my 'dam joints but just not as long lasting or as intense. Unfortuanetly I don't have €300+ disposable income to blaze every week.

One other point; I've never been to Canada but I lived in the 'States for a while...whilst the done thing there too is all green and no tobacco, the cnut's only take a drag or two and pass it! I mean great, you're smoking pure weed but two lungfuls and pass? I smoke spliffs to myself; if I'm in company whoever's with me makes one each and smoke at our own pace.
    We all get to the same place in the end...albeit with the damage caused by the tobacco.
    Last point...the culture for mixing it with tobacco here stems from the dominance of hashish in the drugs market here for years...it's prettty tough to smoke resin neat, unless it's through a bong or something and even then you really need something like tobacco to help it burn.

So good points liah but when in Rome...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

The best high I've ever had was a pure Northern Lights in Amsterdam. Really intense trippy high, giggly as fudge too. Have never had any smoke near that good in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

I've always found that with smoking pure weed joints, unless its the bushy outdoor stuff then it doesn't burn well at all and you have to keep relighting it. A little bit of tobacco makes it burn easy. I have found is that peeps who smoke both cigarettes & weed put loads of tobacco into their joints which can be rank.

@Wertz, forget about buying €50 bags of 3.5g's, why don't you buy an O if you're a regular smoker, its the only way to go in terms of value for money.

@ Liah, there is plenty of amazing stuff being grown around Ireland, like everything else here its just a case of who you know. Seeing as Canada has such a liberal attitude to Cannabis cultivation its no wonder you find things less appealing here.

On the price of weed, compare to the UK then yes prices here are pretty 'high'. If there is one area that has not been affected by the recession then its weed consumption and prices. Imagine how much money would be made if 21.5% VAT was applied to all cannabis transactions? we could pay for the smear vaccine cancelled by the HSE many times over. Instead all this cash is going to your local dealers ever increasing PS3 collection. This is what happens when the the Irish political establishment is so in thrall to fundamentalist banshees like that one always on the radio who is president of her own little anti drugs foundation and lives the high life of trips to Brussells, Dail sub committees & regular media appearance to promote her authoritarian cause. What a ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

In this country Liah you'd have to have deep pockets to be smoking pure weed joints all the time(or even know someone who is generous). I smoke cigarettes so I don't mind mixing it up.:)

Most of the weed you find is home grown stuff too so I wouldn't say all of weed is not pure.

You're right about the comparison of Weed and Hash, I hate the way most people think its the same. I don't know the figures(could be 12%?) but besides the diesel, junkies toenails and grinded up air max shoes etc theres very little quality in soapbar. It's f***ing nasty gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Just getting over it today. I've smoked it three times over the last month (never before that) and didn't have an problems, but last night after smoking it I was on my way home from a house party I started to get visual and audio hallucinations that continued on and off for hours. It wasn't unpleasant but wasn't much fun either, and it's put me off the stuff for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Haven't read the thread but am extremely surprised that the "Never" option has the most hits!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭AMixedBag

Never actually.
    Govt said its supposed to be bad for you.
    Probably lies like everything else.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Used to, got bored with it. Not ruling out ever smoking it again, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

@Wertz, forget about buying €50 bags of 3.5g's, why don't you buy an O if you're a regular smoker, its the only way to go in terms of value for money.

I only said "I might" as in worst case scenario...when things are tight and supply is short no-one wants to sell you weight when they can make it on small deals, and if that's all you can get, it's a seller's market.
    It's always better to buy in bigger weights...but not always possible...again it's who you know really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Odysseus wrote: »
    Most doctors, psychiatrists and mental health workers I know disagree with that. It depends on what research you read, you will find research that agrees with both sides of the agrument, like anything else.

Even then most papers are not exactly clear on the source of the test substance, which i would see as a major flaw.

Anyways, i like the weed myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Haven't read the thread but am extremely surprised that the "Never" option has the most hits!

That means three quarters of people have done it, which is pretty high.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Grow it , Cut it, dry it , roll it...smoke it...

On topic of all this Marijuana causes Psycosis and what not, they have never directly related it. The point is if you are already suceptable to ill mental health or suffer from a condition weed may be bad for that person but so is alchohol and an abunsince of other drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭dysfunct

weed yes, its good stuff

i also enjoy getting wrecked on bags of glue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

dysfunct wrote: »
    weed yes, its good stuff

i also enjoy getting wrecked on bags of glue.
    That song is awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 asti_mivec

Again, like some have pointed out, I cannot believe that it is still illegal.

During a recession like this, you would think that the government should start looking at changing some of their views on issues such as this, that could potentially generate an awful lot of tax income and give people the choice to buy it if they so choose.

Maybe the price could come down enough for us to be able to smoke it without having to dilute it with harmful tobacco too which would surely be to everybody's benefit!!!! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭waitinforatrain

That means three quarters of people have done it, which is pretty high.

:pac:

Heh I read some recent HSE report that did a door-to-door survey about cannabis and said something like 26% of people had tried cannabis. Yeah sure because if a government official shows up at my door asking me what drugs I use I'm going to tell them the truth :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement