Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Mobile 6.1 MMS Settings

• 03-07-2009 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hello, I have an Acer DX900 and I can not work out how to get MMS working. Could anyone give me step by step instructions on how (and where) to put in the settings needed? I'm on O2 Contract in Ireland. FYI SMS and internet access are working fine, it's just MMS that will not work. Many thanks, David

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Have you read the FAQ?
    FAQ = http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055516939

O2 MMS settings are here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59855422&postcount=33

Step by step guide for Meteor MMS on WM 6.1 here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59526109&postcount=12

Just follow the step by step but put in the O2 settings instead of the Meteor ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭bluferbl

I read many pages of the FAQ but did not find what I needed.

The first section of the Meteor settings was easy to transpose over to the O2 settings. When it came to the 2nd part, the MMSC settings, I ran into trouble:

MMSC Settings:
    Start => Messaging =>SMS \ MMS => Menu => MMS Options <---- I have MMS Settings rather than options
    Preferences tab
    Save sent messages: ticked
    Reject all messages: unticked
    Allow delivery report: ticked
    Allow read report: ticked
    Retrieval mode: Auto
    Attempts before giving up: 1
    Photo resolution: VGA (640x480) <
    I have no option for resolution
    Servers tab <
    I have no servers tab
    Press New
    Server name: Meteor MMS <
    no server tab so nowhere to put in this information
    Gateway: 10.85.85.85 <
    or this
    Port number: 8799 <
    or this
    Server address: http://mms.mymeteor.ie <
    or this
    Connect via: My MMS Server
    Sending size limitation: 300k
    Wap version: WAP 2.0
    Press Done
    Set this configuration as default by pressing the 'set as default' button on the mms configuration page and then press ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

bluferbl wrote: »
    I read many pages of the FAQ but did not find what I needed.

The first section of the Meteor settings was easy to transpose over to the O2 settings. When it came to the 2nd part, the MMSC settings, I ran into trouble:

MMSC Settings:
    Start => Messaging =>SMS \ MMS => Menu => MMS Options <---- I have MMS Settings rather than options
    Preferences tab
    Save sent messages: ticked
    Reject all messages: unticked
    Allow delivery report: ticked
    Allow read report: ticked
    Retrieval mode: Auto
    Attempts before giving up: 1
    Photo resolution: VGA (640x480) <
    I have no option for resolution
    Servers tab <
    I have no servers tab
    Press New
    Server name: Meteor MMS <
    no server tab so nowhere to put in this information
    Gateway: 10.85.85.85 <
    or this
    Port number: 8799 <
    or this
    Server address: http://mms.mymeteor.ie <
    or this
    Connect via: My MMS Server
    Sending size limitation: 300k
    Wap version: WAP 2.0
    Press Done
    Set this configuration as default by pressing the 'set as default' button on the mms configuration page and then press ok.
    It's odd that you don't have the same options available as those listed in the FAQ, as those options are present on my Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1i which runs Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional just as your device does.

Do you have any other options available within messaging that allows you to enter in an MMS server name, gateway, port number etc?

I suspect that the options may be different because the version of Windows Mobile has been modded for use with 2 SIMS - just a guess!

After spending ages messing about with settings I think I have got it to work. Unfortunately the MMS messages that I received in the first place which made me realise that it wasn't working had expired. However, I was able to send myself an MMS message and it worked.

Thanks for your help!

If you get a spare minute to write up a quick walkthrough we can add it to the FAQ for the next person who has the same query. Thanks :)

• Advertisement

Unfortunately I used the less than scientific method of continuously changing settings until something appeared to work. In other words...I have no idea what made it work in the end! :-)

You'll still be able to see what they're set to now though. Not to worry though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Ok, I have an SE Xperia, so it should be roughly the same as your phone.
    In Start-->Settings, Connections Tab
    Do you have a Connection Setup Icon??

Hi billbond,

I eventually got it working by tinkering with settings until I got an MMS to send and receive.

The DX900 is a dual SIM phone and I think that the Windows Mobile install is a bit different to a standard setup.

Cheers,

David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Frontcover

Guys,

Any help with my xperia. I'm on Meteor but i cant get the isp settings working. I have to use wap.meteor.ie to access the internet.

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Frontcover wrote: »
    Guys,

Any help with my xperia. I'm on Meteor but i cant get the isp settings working. I have to use wap.meteor.ie to access the internet.

Cheers!

The ISP APN is no longer the APN primarily used by Meteor for full Internet access, it is now the Data APN; the Data APN is also setup on every customer's account by default.

If you change the APN name to data.mymeteor.ie and use my as the username and wap as the password, you should be able to connect to the Internet without any issue.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    The ISP APN is no longer the APN primarily used by Meteor for full Internet access, it is now the Data APN; the Data APN is also setup on every customer's account by default.

If you change the APN name to data.mymeteor.ie and use my as the username and wap as the password, you should be able to connect to the Internet without any issue.

Cheers for that, much appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Did you put SPB Mobile Shell on your Xperia?

billbond4 wrote: »
    Did you put SPB Mobile Shell on your Xperia?

No i havent got that as of yet.

Advertisement