Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

basin conversion from two tap to single mixer

Options
  • 03-07-2009 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey guys,

I'm moving into a house which i like , only problem i have is with the bathrooms, they've got the basins with twin hot/cold taps like this one
    38716327__1241963137__1__1-1abc037ff1bf604add8e318f08653902.__big__.jpg

i was hoping to install a basin with a mixer tap like this one th_U-PM365-PM370.jpg

would this be a simple case of replacing basin and tap, or is more complex plumbing required, anybody know what the labour costs would be?

thanks

Moe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭wee bey

Its one of the easier nixers for a plumber to do, providing the water to the taps can be shut off easily. If you currently have a low pressure system (gravity fed from storage tanks or poor mains pressure) ask for low pressure basin mixer in your hardware shop. I'm a plumber myself and this job should take definitely no longer than two hours so get an hourly rate from your plumber and work it from there.

By the way you'll more than likely have to get a new pedestal as well as its unlikely that the moulding of new basin will sit right on old ped.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

If this is a downstairs job i would attempt this as a diy job you can do it with the following

Low pressure Mono Mxr
    1th basin and ped
    Click Clack basin waste
    Tube white sanitary silicone
    2 no Tec 11's
    Hacksaw and file/sandpaper

additional items prob needed

6" of 1,1.4" waste pipe
    Wavin Weld glue
    1.1/4" socket connectoe

Let me know if you want exact instuctions but with the greatest respect me [EMAIL="a@rse"]a@rse[/EMAIL] would I pay 100 euro for a plumber to fit this.

Advertisement