Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

inner wrist tattoos

Options
  • 03-07-2009 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Im thinkin of gettin an inner wrist tattoo and im just lookin for advice from people with experience and if it s a good idea and the pain etc

Im considering getting ' actions not words ' done ( something personal to me ) and want to involve both wrists but not sure what way to go about it so if anyone has any ideas id be grateful

thanks
    caoimhebiggrin.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

pain wise , everyone is different , depends on how much of a pain thresehold you have..

if its your 1st tatoo, personally i wouldnt go for your wrist as it quite a visable area, but thats just me... if you do want to go ahead with the wrist, then give it a few months to think about if , and make sure its what and where you really want it.

as reagard font and stuff check out these sites http://tattoolettering.net/ or http://www.tattoofonts.net/ it will have all the font styles from you to pick from :) ..

as regard places to go , depends on where you are based, but pretty much any decent studio would be able to do that for you

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

i have both my wrists done and have to admit, they were pretty unpleasant.

it's not sore per se, more of a horrible stinging sensation.

i have lettering done on my left wrist and it took no time at all to get done so it's not that bad really, just make sure you keep your arm still!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 butterflydream

a load of my friends have gotten some script on their inner wrists, they said it wasn't too bad but again it depends on your pain threshold.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭_Roz_

I got my first tattoo on my inner right wrist, and it was fine. It stung, and I'd describe the sensation as being like dragging a thumbtack along your skin with just enough pressure to make it hurt. It feels like that UNDER the skin.

Course, everyone has a different pain threshold, but I'm useless with pain and things and I was fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

meh not painful at all in my experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Yenwod

I've a mate who has 3 tattoos, she got her last one on her wrist and waited ages because she thought it would hurt the most. She said it actually hurt the least out of the three! It all depends on the person I think

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭_Roz_

The reason I think people say wrists hurt more is the lack of fat on the wrist. But I've heard hip tattoos hurt like a biatch, so I really don't know.

Either way, even if it does hurt, either you want the tattoo or you don't. That's what I said to myself, it's 20 minutes of pain for a lifetime of art.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭annabellee77

I must have a fairly high pain threshold cos I didn't find either of my tattoos painful. For the one on my wrist the 1st touch of the needle hurt but after that it was grand. Don't get me wrong, I felt it, but it wasn't very painful IMO.
    Everyone's different I guess....

I think even if you have a low threshold , unless you're getting a particulary big tattoo you should be ok...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭patchybaby

i got both my wrists and my finger dun there in May....the wrists hurt more than the finger....i thought it would be the other way around!! As others have said, it depends on your pain threshold.....i have one on my leg and i would say that was the worst! Good luck with it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I got a new one on my wrist a few weeks ago, and I didn't find it that painful at all. It defo stung the closer to thr wrist it went, but nowhere near cringe-worthy pain :)

Guess you'll never know until you get it done :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 buddyboy09

i have both my wrists done and they were the least painful tattoos i have got.....it was more unfomfertable then sore but it was worth it.....:):)

did anyone else's wrist bleed a good bit?...i walked Around town after i get both of them done and they bled a lot...ppl looked at me as if i was a self harmer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

buddyboy09 wrote: »
    i have both my wrists done and they were the least painful tattoos i have got.....it was more unfomfertable then sore but it was worth it.....:):)

did anyone else's wrist bleed a good bit?...i walked Around town after i get both of them done and they bled a lot...ppl looked at me as if i was a self harmer

Yeah, mine bled a good bit, just looked like red paste under the cling film for about an hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 buddyboy09

yeah i walked aroud to for a good 4 hours like that.....was wondering how sore is it getting you side/ribs tattooed....i want to get a piece on my side for my next one and whenever i tell people i just get this look as id they are saying "good luck/fair play":(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 pink pirate

yea wrist isnt that bad really, i did think it took along time to heal tho!! and u have to be so carefull with sleeves so you dont get fluff in the scab:(!!
    ive heard ribs are the most painfull, aswell as chest. got 16 stars on my tummy and they were really painfull!!!

Advertisement