Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palin Quits

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Overheal wrote: »
    Oh im sure she's a nice woman. I just don't want her within a mile of The Football.
    Of course, now that she's resigned and is free to travel to DC as much as she likes...

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Oh im sure she's a nice woman.

Yeah? I think she's false and creepy.

Or were you just being . . . nice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

Resignation speech.
    Listened to it twice, does it make any sense whatsoever?
    Pure random talk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACKm0AwStA8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Being a white evangelical redneck, I'm not so sure she's a nice woman. In fact I'd be willing to bet she probably hates a lot of people, like gays and "liberals".

Then again, she doesn't really have the brain power for that kind of existential thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,313 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yeah? I think she's false and creepy.

Or were you just being . . . nice?
    she seems salt of the earth to me. That is to say like any typical american: moderately- if not quite very, ignorant of world affairs :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

She sounds as a bog standard current republican politican to me; claim to be fiscal conservative while issuing bonds for 13 Million USD to build a arena with a sponsor (mainly personal in terms of house, team etc.) in a county with a 20 Million yearly budget (most likely reason for resigning).

Claim that asbtinence is the route to help avoid teenage pregnancies while having her own daughter get pregnant.

Only thing really lacking to complete the set up is that she's caught with a lesbian prostitute and afterwards proclaim how she's going through tough times with her family.

I really pitty the Americans who want to vote for someone who's actually fiscally conservative and really pro small government though :(.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The USS Sarah Palin's bulkheads continue to break under pressure, slowly sinking off Anchorage, Alaska.
    See: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31886324/ns/politics-the_new_york_times//

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Being a white evangelical redneck, I'm not so sure she's a nice woman. In fact I'd be willing to bet she probably hates a lot of people, like gays and "liberals".

Then again, she doesn't really have the brain power for that kind of existential thought.

Yeah too bad she's not "enlightened" like you. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

No, She is a morality basher. "Do as i say, not as I do!"

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I lol'd :pac:

• Advertisement

Now that you mention it, yeah, pretty much my angle. She would need to be a lot more than my equal to get my vote though.

Now that you mention it, yeah, pretty much my angle. She would need to be a lot more than my equal to get my vote though.

Its so nice to know the "enlightened" are above such pettyness and arrogance. :rolleyes:

Its so nice to know the "enlightened" are above such pettyness and arrogance. :rolleyes:

What is petty and arrogant, exactly please, about pointing out she's extremely unqualified by virtue of terminal stupidity? It isn't like I said I was qualified, just that she wasn't. I never used the word enlightened, that was you.

What is petty and arrogant, exactly please, about pointing out she's extremely unqualified by virtue of terminal stupidity? It isn't like I said I was qualified, just that she wasn't. I never used the word enlightened, that was you.

Your exact posts:

Then again, she doesn't really have the brain power for that kind of existential thought
    Now that you mention it, yeah, pretty much my angle. She would need to be a lot more than my equal to get my vote though

Yeah no pettyness or arrogance there:rolleyes: Yeah that Biden is so smart. He never says anything stupid like reveal the location of a top secret bunker or anything. :rolleyes: I'm glad he's a heartbeat away from the Whitehouse.:rolleyes:

It was a keen observation about your intolerance for this "Evangelical Redneck"woman while in the same breath criticising her for "probably" hating gays and such. You know, accusing her of discrimination, and doing the same thing yourself? In case you missed the ironing. :)

It was a keen observation about your intolerance for this "Evangelical Redneck"woman while in the same breath criticising her for "probably" hating gays and such. You know, accusing her of discrimination, and doing the same thing yourself? In case you missed the ironing. :)

Exactly. It went right above his/her head.

Your exact posts:

Yeah no pettyness or arrogance there:rolleyes: Yeah that Biden is so smart. He never says anything stupid like reveal the location of a top secret bunker or anything. :rolleyes: I'm glad he's a heartbeat away from the Whitehouse.:rolleyes:

Do you feel I'm wrong about Palin? Or are you just annoyed by how I say it? And I never endorsed Joe Biden. I have some harsh criticism for the Obama administration too.

I shouldn't have said probably. She makes no secret about being pro-bible, anti-gay equal rights, and regularly refers to things and people as being "liberal" in a disparaging context. Mucking her views, actions and intelligence isn't discrimination, it's legitimate criticism.

Do you feel I'm wrong about Palin? Or are you just annoyed by how I say it? And I never endorsed Joe Biden. I have some harsh criticism for the Obama administration too.

The media that was cheerleading for Obama wanted you to believe she was stupid [most likely to make Biden look better] You [and plenty of others] believed it.

I shouldn't have said probably. She makes no secret about being pro-bible, anti-gay equal rights, and regularly refers to things and people as being "liberal" in a disparaging context. Mucking her views, actions and intelligence isn't discrimination.

I don't ever recall her ever saying anything anti-gay. When liberals are disparaging her and her family on a daily basis its human nature to to respond very unpleasantly. The treatment her and her family get from the liberal aka "enlightened" media and their followers is disgusting.

• Advertisement

The media that was cheerleading for Obama wanted you to believe she was stupid [most likely to make Biden look better] You [and plenty of others] believed it.

The media reported what she said, and what she said convinced me she shouldn't be in politics (or that she is just right for the evangelical Christian party, if you look at it that way). Don't blame other people for making her seem bad- she brought it on herself. She is ignorant, corrupt and ultra-conservative. I'm picking on her because it is a thread about her. Trust me, I can think of a lot of people I dislike more.

The media reported what she said, and what she said convinced me she shouldn't be in politics (or that she is just right for the evangelical Christian party, if you look at it that way). Don't blame other people for making her seem bad- she brought it on herself. She is ignorant, corrupt and ultra-conservative. I'm picking on her because it is a thread about her. Trust me, I can think of a lot of people I dislike more.

Nince toy know you're not the judgemental type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

What part of the media's coverage of Palin do you think has contributed to peoples opinion of her as stupid?
    I don't ever recall her ever saying anything anti-gay. When liberals are disparaging her and her family on a daily basis its human nature to to respond very unpleasantly. The treatment her and her family get from the liberal aka "enlightened" media and their followers is disgusting.
    And what part of her treatment was disgusting?

And what part of her treatment was disgusting?

They dragged her family for God sake. They mocked Bistol for having a child. Hell the NY Times the other day just called her Balding,Stupid Bitchy and erratic and this is over 6 months after their "boy" Obama [they even published Obama owes them for getting him elected] won.

You know as well as I do no Democrat Woman would be treated like that. Especially their family.

They dragged her family for God sake. They mocked Bistol for having a child. Hell the NY Times the other day just called her Balding,Stupid Bitchy and erratic and this is over 6 months after their "boy" Obama [they even published Obama owes them for getting him elected] won.

You know as well as I do no Democrat Woman would be treated like that. Especially their family.

Well neither of us can possibly know that because no democratic woman has been Sarah Palin.

First off, they never mocked Bristol for having a child, they mocked her for having a child and still having the gall to promote absinence.

Second, Every politician in that level of public spotlight is going to get mud thrown at them. If thats a reason to resign, than its best not seeking higher office - it'll only get muddier.

Also, You still havn't answered how the media can make people have the opinion that she is stupid or unqualified besides from broadcasting instances where she has failed to show otherwise.

First off, they never mocked Bristol for having a child, they mocked her for having a child and still having the gall to promote absinence.

What is so wrong about saying "Don't make the same mistakes I did." Saying she deserved to be mocked for that is pure bull**** and you know it.

What is so wrong about saying "Don't make the same mistakes I did." Saying she deserved to be mocked for that is pure bull**** and you know it.
    How is it pure bull****? If she is going on publicity campaigns around the country with that message, then she is open to scrutiny.

How is it pure bull****? If she is going on publicity campaigns around the country with that message, then she is open to scrutiny.

Are you serious?? Retired Pro-Athletes tour the schools in the States delivering that same message about drug use [Don't make the same mistakes I did] and they are celebrated. Even the "Professional Journalists" that are Bristol for doing the exact same thing are praising these athletes. So it is pure bull**** for trashing over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

their "boy" Obama

Careful there.

• Advertisement

Careful there.

That's not a racist remark and you know it.

Advertisement