Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palin Quits

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Manic Moran
    My comment would stand for anyone who viewed a seat as a mere stepping stone. Such has been my opinion ever since Mary Robinson used the Presidency as a means of getting a crack at the UN. We all knew that was her plan when she was running for election the second time. It was not a slam specifically at Obama, I just think he's one of those guilty of it.

I don't think Mary Robinson used the Presidency for UN post. Her background was in law to begin with and most people would admire that she sought to champion the cause of those without a voice after her term of presidency ended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

jank wrote: »
    I take it you were watching Beck lately!! All this in the space of a week!

Just a quick scan of fox any day and you find them going crazy left right and centre. If it is possible that they have become a bigger joke then they have...
    It is going to be a looooong 4 years (or 8) for them.

LoL @ your continued blatant bias. Why don't you actually watch the full episodes of Beck and O'Reilly before mouthing off. Scared you might actually learn something for once?

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid while watching Olbermann thinking he has any sshred journalistic integrity.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    LoL @ your continued blatant bias. Why don't you actually watch the full episodes of Beck and O'Reilly before mouthing off. Scared you might actually learn something for once?

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid while watching Olbermann thinking he has any sshred journalistic integrity.

I pan out with a flagon of kool aid pretty much every night and put myself through watching O Reilly and Beck..I dont actually watch MSNBC(so cant really comment on their twisted liberal idealogical slant)..I generally switch over when I cant take any more of O Reilly...when he's pretty much insulting the American people's intelligence, telling them all these big words etc..
    I think what it comes down to is this...Not everyone has your republican mindset..Not everyone views politics as War..Not everyone just sets out to destroy their opponent as opposed to civilised debate..Some people are actually concerned about people outside of their immediate family..This is the heart of the issue i think..Some people actually care..Dont worry...I dont expect you to understand..

Break out the Kool Aid..

Oh yes...and Mr Mc1...if thats your real name...where in Killkenny you from that you seem so troubled by kool aid..Its not really an irish expression...I think someone's been watching a bit too much Sean Hannity..

(Lib-Er-Al Translation)
    Shut the f*ck up about kool aid..

I pan out with a flagon of kool aid pretty much every night and put myself through watching O Reilly and Beck..I dont actually watch MSNBC(so cant really comment on their twisted liberal idealogical slant)..I generally switch over when I cant take any more of O Reilly...when he's pretty much insulting the American people's intelligence, telling them all these big words etc..
    I think what it comes down to is this...Not everyone has your republican mindset..Not everyone views politics as War..Not everyone just sets out to destroy their opponent as opposed to civilised debate..Some people are actually concerned about people outside of their immediate family..This is the heart of the issue i think..Some people actually care..Dont worry...I dont expect you to understand..

Break out the Kool Aid..

LOL. If you really watched Beck and O'Reilly you would know that you are talking out of your backside. If O'Reilly's Word of The Day is above you there is not much I can do about that.

They do not talk down to anybody. If you get that impression then that is your problem not mine. Your precious Olbermann, Garrofallo, and Penn talk down to people. The people who'se words you hang do not do civilized debate. All they know is insulting and attacking. Playing the race card or bigot card or any -ism card they can think of. Don't worry I don't expect you to understand. Not Beck and O'Reilly. I don't expect you to understand that because you are too partisan to accept the truth.

Kool-Aid?

• Advertisement

Mine's a double..
    Did you read the post above that you quote?..I dont watch NBC..at all..I really, really (seriosly)watch Beck, O Reilly, Hannity for as long as I can stand..generally every night..or well most..I like to see what angles their pushing..
    I though it was interesting that as soon as the Republicans lost the White House the faces changed..Beck's show is at times almost revolutionary..He's almost encouraging people to bring down the Government at times..As for Hannity, they got rid of Mr. Colmes..a 'liberal' in the most liberal sense of the word, so Hannity can just spew his hatred for all things Democratic..And as for O reilly, well, shur what can you say..Its probably easier for him now..He gets his Talking points memo from the bosses in Fox, as opposed to the White House, where he got it for the last eight years..

And I was being serious about shutting up about the Kool aid...Its not a valid argument..You bring it up quite a bit, rather than answering in a reasonable manner...
    Its pretty much the equivalent of childish namecalling..

Mine's a double..
    Did you read the post above that you quote?..I dont watch NBC..at all..I really, really (seriosly)watch Beck, O Reilly, Hannity for as long as I can stand..generally every night..or well most..I like to see what angles their pushing..
    I though it was interesting that as soon as the Republicans lost the White House the faces changed..Beck's show is at times almost revolutionary..He's almost encouraging people to bring down the Government at times..As for Hannity, they got rid of Mr. Colmes..a 'liberal' in the most liberal sense of the word, so Hannity can just spew his hatred for all things Democratic..And as for O reilly, well, shur what can you say..Its probably easier for him now..He gets his Talking points memo from the bosses in Fox, as opposed to the White House, where he got it for the last eight years..

And I was being serious about shutting up about the Kool aid...Its not a valid argument..You bring it up quite a bit, rather than answering in a reasonable manner...
    Its pretty much the equivalent of childish namecalling..
    sorry what has this got to do with Palin.

Yes, we've sort of drifted off topic allright..apologies for my role in it..If you look back though, My first comment was in relation to Palin..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    LOL. If you really watched Beck and O'Reilly you would know that you are talking out of your backside. If O'Reilly's Word of The Day is above you there is not much I can do about that.

They do not talk down to anybody. If you get that impression then that is your problem not mine. Your precious Olbermann, Garrofallo, and Penn talk down to people. The people who'se words you hang do not do civilized debate. All they know is insulting and attacking. Playing the race card or bigot card or any -ism card they can think of. Don't worry I don't expect you to understand. Not Beck and O'Reilly. I don't expect you to understand that because you are too partisan to accept the truth.

Kool-Aid?

Ohh the irony. Maybe you should look in the mirror.

Here in NZ we dont get MSNBC, or ABC or CBS. We get the CNN but the watered down asia variety which is kinda crap. But yes we do get fox. I watch it more often than I would like to admit to see what crazy stuff they come out with. Beck is a lunatic. I would respect him if he was true to his word but where was his "dont trust the government" for the last 8 years....no where, he is just playing to the mob with a script given to him by her bosses in fox.

O'Reilly I think has softened his stance but maybe as all the others commentators have shifted so much to the right and are going crazy he is doing it as a deliberate way to gain repectability as a "moderate" for fox that is. A voice of reason!

Johnmc1 one question for you, what do you think of Colin Powell?

Ohh the irony. Maybe you should look in the mirror.

Here in NZ we dont get MSNBC, or ABC or CBS. We get the CNN but the watered down asia variety which is kinda crap. But yes we do get fox. I watch it more often than I would like to admit to see what crazy stuff they come out with. Beck is a lunatic. I would respect him if he was true to his word but where was his "dont trust the government" for the last 8 years....no where, he is just playing to the mob with a script given to him by her bosses in fox.

O'Reilly I think has softened his stance but maybe as all the others commentators have shifted so much to the right and are going crazy he is doing it as a deliberate way to gain repectability as a "moderate" for fox that is. A voice of reason!

come on lads. back to the subject or set up a seperate thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Ms Palin is a hottie :P

hows that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The Sarah Palin response to leaving in mid-stream and not fulfilling her responsibilities as Alaska's governor:
    http://blogs.news.com.au/images/uploads/palin_wink350.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Huffington Post is carrying this story. If true, this may explain why she has been strangely quiet since her farewell speech.

The question is, does a divorcee have a realistic political future in the US?

Maybe the truth of Palin's mysterious pregnancy with Trig will finally be revealed.

He was saying that during the Bush regime too. To bad you weren't paying attention. Or just seeing what you want to see.

He's been # 1 for over 8 years. And he's been crushing the Obama lover networks.

He's out for his own self interest. Like any other politician. Sadly I thought he was better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Gyalist wrote: »
    Huffington Post is carrying this story. If true, this may explain why she has been strangely quiet since her farewell speech.

The question is, does a divorcee have a realistic political future in the US?

Maybe the truth of Palin's mysterious pregnancy with Trig will finally be revealed.
    it's looking more like the media have really royally f*cked things up this time I'm afraid. :eek:
    http://www.conservatives4palin.com/2009/08/palin-camp-shoots-down-ridiculous.html

norbert64 wrote: »
    it's looking more like the media have really royally f*cked things up this time I'm afraid. :eek:
    http://www.conservatives4palin.com/2009/08/palin-camp-shoots-down-ridiculous.html

Is it really that surprising that the media screwed up?

Palin still in the headlines seven months into Obamas first term. No news is bad news dont they say

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Palin slips in polls? "Just 40 percent of Americans in this ABC News/Washington Post poll hold a favorable opinion of Palin overall, down from a high of 58 percent shortly after she joined the GOP presidential ticket."
    Source: http://abcnews.go.com/PollingUnit/Story?id=8157536&page=1

Advertisement