Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a phone from another network!

• 03-07-2009 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi! I'm thinking of buying the LG ks360 phone, it has the slide out QWERTY pad. The only thing is its only available on O2 and I'm currently with Meteor... I dont fancy changing networks but I really want this phone!! Would the phone work if I just put my meteor sim into it?? If not, then how would I get it working.... Sorry of this is a bit long-winded but I'm v. confused!! Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Definitely 100% would not work straight out of the box with meteor sim if it's on o2 phone.

Best bet is to either buy it and risk getting it unlocked.
    (I say risk but it's a fairly safe process, however sometimes can cost up to €50 or more in some cases depending on the model)

or see if adverts have one for sale sim free for a good price (safer and cheaper and prob better)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Erica-smiley

How would I get it unlocked though??:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

How would I get it unlocked though??:confused:
    Since youre in a secret location I dunno but most towns/cities have a phone unlock shop somewhere that could help possibly help you out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Erica-smiley

lol!! Thanks :D

Advertisement