Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazing chance or should I wait???

Options
  • 03-07-2009 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Thanks for the advice guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

they will go lower untill this graph flatens

http://www.statusireland.com/statistics/finacial-statistics-for-ireland/28/Irish-Live-Register-Figures.html

Interest rates will also rise soon, so unless u can afford to fix for 10 (ten) years (aib 4.65) then dont

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

You know my answer to the question :) We ain't there yet to the lowest of the price drops.

However, are other houses prices in the area dropping their prices, whats the inventory of houses for sale like?
    An aside, can you put up with Tesco traffic in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

saying roselawn is in the "castleknock" area is a bit like saying ballymun is in the "howth" area.

it's an amazing chance to buy a house that was reduced from a very over inflated price to an inflated price in a falling market.

sounds like a bargain.

but the usual speel

if you have 20% deposit

the monthly payments are roughly 30% of your net income have stress tested against multiple interest rate increases and reductions in your wages e.g. tax increases etc

then by all means jump all over it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That sounds expensive to me for a normal 3 Bed in D15 but that is just me:)
    If the house is worth that to you then yes it is worth it but offer a bit less and then negotiate is my advice.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

ntlbell wrote: »
    saying roselawn is in the "castleknock" area is a bit like saying ballymun is in the "howth" area.

No it is not.

To start with they are both D15.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Roselawn is Blanch, not Castleknock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

A 200k discount might sound like a bargain on the face of it but that's coming off a ludicrous price from the most over-inflated property bubble in the history of the world. Maybe they'll find some sucker who'll part with 400k for this house because it seems like comparative value now but there will be similiar and better houses available in this area for less than 150k in the next 2 years. Keep your powder dry and work on getting a bigger deposit together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

My Aunt and Uncle live in Roselawn and they call it Castleknock:D My sister lives in Castleknock proper but further from the crappy village , ( before the bridge though) but roselawn is much more expensive and exclusive. My Dad's best friend lives in Park ave ( or something) but this is not considered Castleknock by those who live in the Georgian village ( anything after myo's is beyond the pale). IMHO whole area is an overpriced ****hole, full of twats. Foxrock on the west side :rolleyes: The park is fantastic though but roselawn is a good 10-15 minute walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Moonbeam wrote: »
    No it is not.

To start with they are both D15.

the point was to express the difference's not the physical location...

To be exact I think it is the town land of Blanch and the Barony of Castleknock.
    I can find nothing to back this up but I know half that area comes under the Barony of Castleknock.

COUNTY OF FINGAL LOCAL ELECTORAL AREAS ORDER 2008

Castleknock The electoral divisions of Blanchardstown-
    Abbotstown, Blanchardstown-Coolmine,
    Blanchardstown-Delwood, Blanchardstown-
    Roselawn, Castleknock-Knockmaroon,
    Castleknock-Park.

Anyway it is kind of beside the point whether it is Blanch or Castleknock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Its Blanch, a stonethrow from Blanch village. I'd consider Park ave to be the perihery of Castleknock tbh.

Advertisement