Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

insurance companies messing me about

• 03-07-2009 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

hello,

i am 21, ive been trying to get quotes with my current insurance company quinn over the phone for cars such as bmw 318ci coupe, toyota camry, lexus 1s200, volkswagen golf and toyota altezza, only succesful with the camry, apparently the other cars are classified as high powered and dont insure people under 30, however when i have been able to get a quote of their website on all the above cars since ive turned 21, so why do tell me they wont insure me when i speak to them over the phone? btw i drive a polo at the moment if this makes a difference?

thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Have you tried to signup via the website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭darcy.jonny

ermmm ..... to be honest i used to have quinn and i did everything online ......... so if you are getting a quote online then make sure all the details are correct !! do you have a provisional or full liscence btw ??

anyway if all your details are correct you can proceed to purchase the policy whether its payment in full or deposit and bank details for monthly payments .......... now unless your from clondalkin or tallaght the policy will go through and they cannot retract the cover as far as i know

im no fan of quinn direct but i can only imagine the amount of teens and early 20 year old males that must ring up over and over again about high proformance cars ,,,,,,, maybe they just say no because there not taking you serious after all how many times have you called for quotes now so far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭rrrkelly

ermmm ..... to be honest i used to have quinn and i did everything online ......... so if you are getting a quote online then make sure all the details are correct !! do you have a provisional or full liscence btw ??

anyway if all your details are correct you can proceed to purchase the policy whether its payment in full or deposit and bank details for monthly payments .......... now unless your from clondalkin or tallaght the policy will go through and they cannot retract the cover as far as i know

im no fan of quinn direct but i can only imagine the amount of teens and early 20 year old males that must ring up over and over again about high proformance cars ,,,,,,, maybe they just say no because there not taking you serious after all how many times have you called for quotes now so far?

ye i have full licence, ive rang up about ten times over the past 6 months, so not exactly stalker-esque, btw i dint think these were classified as high performance vehicles, how would one define a hpv? lol

ithink at your age , the insurance companies dont want you in anything like a bmw , lexus altezza etc. is how they class the cars

i had your problems when i was your age at 21 i was driving a new fiat 2.4 stilo and was raped on insurance 3,950 pound per year .funny enough it was only about a grand dearer than a one ltr car if i can remember correctly . (was a real quote of the top of the head policy they had )

try a ring FBD insurance ,,, i went to them when i bought a l200 4x4 quinn wanted 7,000 !! pound off me fbd did it for 1900 .

my advice would be to shop around as many companies as possible (im 27 and hiberninan wont cover me on anything over 1.6)

what most lads your age are doing is going under someones elses name e.g. parent on those cars maybe named driver an option ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭rrrkelly

thanks man for reply,

the thing is they are quoting me on the net, still expensive €2000 for celica, and currently paying €1000 on polo, so could still go ahead and buy the policy

• Advertisement

of course you can i did it and never once spoke to anyone had to sign a letter that can out and send it back , but at no time delt with anyone over the phone so unless ur in d.22 and d.24 it will work

Advertisement