Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 is mocking the memory of MJ

Options
  • 03-07-2009 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Tonight the commercial TV, or the irish's ITV, TV3 had broadcast part of a redif of "Living with Michael Jackson", this propaganda directed by British Martin Bashir. Recently, after the death of the King of Pop, Bashir himself admitted Jackson was not a criminal and was a good father, and he saw nothing wrong. TV3 has certainly very little documentaries or brain or inspiration to honour the Death and satisfy the sadness of his numerous fans, but to broadcast, few days after his death and before his burial, this scandalous and wrong propaganda regarding the King of Pop.
    Total disrespect, total evasion, total failure.... As usual with TV3 !

I am disgusted:mad::mad::mad::mad:.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Maybe it's about time we had a 'TV3 hate thread'. These guys are constantly surpassing themselves. Shower of talentless xxxxxx.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Guillaume

maybe, or maybe to hammer them with emails or something...
    MJ, RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

You can't just ignore the fact that before he died everyone thought he was a paedophile who they wouldn't want near their kids. His death changes nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

To be fair, you're referring to a channel that relies on programmes with titles such as "The world's...Fattest/youngest/ugliest/Dumbest...Criminals/Landladies/Hooligans/Dinnerladies ...from hell" etc to fill it's prime time schedules, and depends almost exclusively on broadcasting the escapades of z list celebs (escapades which in most cases are already public knowledge by airtime); morning shows staffed entirely by eejits of no discernible talent who simply read from this morning's newspapers, and a tuppence-ha'penny quiz fallacy to generate it's "home produced" programming.

My own opinions on Michael Jackson notwithstanding, I think anyone expecting anything resembling respect, reverence (or for that matter, coherence) on any subject from this kind of channel in general, and TV3 in particular is misguided.

TV3 is widely considered to be no more than a televisual farce, and when it comes to being disgusted over a repeat of a controversial documentary on an unpopular station, I'd personally reserve my disgust for something actually worth getting disgusted over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's mocking his memory.

Michael Jackson's life wasn't a bed of roses - if people weren't interested in the darker times in his life, the programme wouldn't have been commissioned or scheduled.

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    You can't just ignore the fact that before he died everyone thought he was a paedophile who they wouldn't want near their kids. His death changes nothing

Accusing somebody without any proof and who just died bad attitude indeed. This sudden death indeed, changed the view of many, including Bashir himself, or the kid who accused him.

I know the MJ's story will last for many, many days. Pedo, not pedo, weird, not weird, whatever. I just mentioned that we are in time of mourning for many fans, and i think disgusted that a public network didn't even notice that and thought that "it will be great" for the irish public to see that again...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Guillaume wrote: »
    Accusing somebody without any proof and who just died bad attitude indeed. This sudden death indeed, changed the view of many, including Bashir himself, or the kid who accused him.

I know the MJ's story will last for many, many days. Pedo, not pedo, weird, not weird, whatever. I just mentioned that we are in time of mourning for many fans, and i think disgusted that a public network didn't even notice that and thought that "it will be great" for the irish public to see that again...

Still though, a grown man who loved having kids over to his house so he could tuck them in and give them warm milk?

Didn't he have his own kids to do that with? Paedo or not he was messed up in the head.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's mocking his memory.

Michael Jackson's life wasn't a bed of roses - if people weren't interested in the darker times in his life, the programme wouldn't have been commissioned or scheduled.
    yeah, ok, i overacted a bit.... :P, but i do not think they even did look or remembered the nature of this report. MJ produced an other report, which shows the truth called "two takes". It is available on youtube. I am not here to judge Michael's personality or his eccentric way of life. I am just chocked of the broadcast of such a document, who deeply offended him at some stage, so closed to his sudden death and soon burial. It is such a wrong way of TV programming ! :mad: and total disrespect to his memory and fans.

JPA wrote: »
    Still though, a grown man who loved having kids over to his house so he could tuck them in and give them warm milk?

Didn't he have his own kids to do that with? Paedo or not he was messed up in the head.
    Once again, i do not say that MJ was a saint ! But, YOU are accusing him from this report. You just are making up your mind according to that Bashir wanted to show (and grow his career by the way on the back of speculations regarding a mega celebrity). Once again, my thread is not about judging MJ, but TV3.

I am just chocked of the broadcast of such a document, who deeply offended him at some stage, so closed to his sudden death and soon burial. It is such a wrong way of TV programming ! :mad: and total disrespect to his memory and fans.

My thinking would be they're looking for another angle on it. So much has been written about him in the press, about what a hero he was and how he influenced so many lives - He's made every front cover for the past week, with little exception.

Rather two-faced of the media, considering the majority of the press turned their back on him during his time in the courts.

To me, it just seems like TV3 are trying to portray the side of his life the media are covering over at this time.

I do agree it's offensive to some people who were huge fans of his - but at the same time, we live in a democracy and it's only right that both sides of the story be represented.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Once again, i do not say that MJ was a saint ! But, YOU are accusing him from this report. You just are making up your mind according to that Bashir wanted to show (and grow his career by the way on the back of speculations regarding a mega celebrity). Once again, my thread is not about judging MJ, but TV3.

It's not just that report. Before he died everybody thought he was a creep and half of those thought he was a paedo. They've all crawled back into the woodwork now but the man was insane and his memory should not be harnessed ala other flawed public heroes like Diana, lord knows we don't need another one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Recently, after the death of the King of Pop, Bashir himself admitted Jackson was not a criminal and was a good father, and he saw nothing wrong

Pretty much banged the nail on the head with that one. So now that he's dead he's a saint is it? The lunacy with how he paraded his children is all forgotten about?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Ghost Girl

sorry to break the news to you....but not EVERYONE thought he was paedophile!! He could have spent time with my kid any day!! His death shows the injustices more so than ever!!!!

All this support of Jackson since his death is getting pretty annoying. Two weeks back most people were happy to refer to him as wacko Jacko and speculate that he was a paedophile. Now everyone is jumping to his defence and doing their best to cherish his memory.

So what if TV3 air a programme which paints Jackson in a less than positive light, there are numerous questions regarding his life and interactions with children that we will never get answered and while his death may be tragic it changes nothing.

I would bet that the op and others defending Jackson wouldn't have left their kids with him 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

hiya mate as i always say meself TV3 ARE GUTTER TV THEY ARE NO BETTER THAN THE DAILY STAR THE SUN THE MIRROR etc only they are on the tv TOTAL RUBBISH IS WHAT TV 3 ARE

Ah don't use caps so much you're as bad as the sun now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

Asmodean wrote: »
    Ah don't use caps so much you're as bad as the sun now!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

So now that he's dead he's a saint is it? The lunacy with how he paraded his children is all forgotten about?

I think his death is a prime example of how exploitive and fickle the media are.

When Michael Jackson was in court, against charges of paedophilia, the press turned on him and destroyed any shread of dignity the man had left.

Yet, when he died, they jumped on the "Our hero's gone" bandwagon and regaled us with stories of how he was an inspiration an a good father - A complete U-turn.

When he died, there was no uniform universal response, so like I've previously said, it's only right that every side of the story is covered.

Michael Jackson fans might be offended by the airing of the documentary, but people who were opposed to him might be offended by the front-page headlines about how he was a good, decent person...

Couldn't agree more. As with any event, both sides of the story need to be explained. Leave it to the people to decide themselves. All of this bias 'reporting' makes me sick. I think its healthy that the negative aspects of the man are left in the open so as people have the proper information on all aspects of his life. He, nor any other figure should be white washed to appease the wrath of his fans (both long term and the ever present 'overnight' variety that have appeared over the last couple of weeks:rolleyes:)

PS
    Apologies for the 'white-washed' pun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Couldn't agree more. As with any event, both sides of the story need to be explained. Leave it to the people to decide themselves. All of this bias 'reporting' makes me sick. I think its healthy that the negative aspects of the man are left in the open so as people have the proper information on all aspects of his life. He, nor any other figure should be white washed to appease the wrath of his fans (both long term and the ever present 'overnight' variety that have appeared over the last couple of weeks:rolleyes:)

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Ghost Girl wrote: »
    sorry to break the news to you....but not EVERYONE thought he was paedophile!! He could have spent time with my kid any day!! His death shows the injustices more so than ever!!!!
    Sorry to break the news to you....but not EVERYONE was a fan of MJ, irregardless of his talents he was weird. If you don't like the documentary theres a simple solution there's ton's of other channels making him out to be a saint.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Teg Veece

Does the grand jury that found him not guilty on all charges after a four month trial with well over 100 witnesses not count?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

im just waiting for the new series of southpark to do another episode about him :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Not everone ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Oh Bubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

'Living with Michael Jackson' got 250,000 youtube views in the last few days. TV3 are simply showing what people want to see. It's just like the music channels showing his music videos all day long. TV3 are not trying to disrespect Jackson.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Sorry to break the news to you....but not EVERYONE was a fan of MJ, irregardless of his talents he was weird. If you don't like the documentary theres a simple solution there's ton's of other channels making him out to be a saint.

You said EVERY ONE thought he was a paedophile. That simply is not true, so your above comment doesn't make any sense!!! I didn't say i did or did not like the documentary, in fact i liked it, i just didnt believe every thing they fed to us!!

p.s Skyuser is absolutely correct about TV3's position.

hiya mate as i always say meself TV3 ARE GUTTER TV THEY ARE NO BETTER THAN THE DAILY STAR THE SUN THE MIRROR etc only they are on the tv TOTAL RUBBISH IS WHAT TV 3 ARE

They'd be delighted you are comparing them to those papers. Thats what they are about, and you are not the target audience, so they're doing some thing right, if you read the Star, they want you to watch them, and obviously from the above comments you dont.

P.s, they are rolling the coverage on his memorial tuesday night.....bet the above named papers will have pictures all over their pages the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Skyuser wrote: »
    'Living with Michael Jackson' got 250,000 youtube views in the last few days. TV3 are simply showing what people want to see. It's just like the music channels showing his music videos all day long. TV3 are not trying to disrespect Jackson.

Spot on, this was a huge documentary when it first aired which brought it massive viewing figures and now, more than ever are people gonna want to see it again. It's pretty much guaranteed to bring in ratings so naturally they'll want to show it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

TV3 is mocking the memory of MJ .

Obviously that's a thing that's hard to do. Presume all TV3 viewers are set for tomorrow night's coverage of events in LA. Bumper box of Kleenex, morning visit to the GP for top up on the Valium bottle and the Samaritans on speed dial. Just in case.

Advertisement