Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Id and help, please!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

ashlingm wrote: »
    Please please do not give him cotton wool or any of those 'cotton wool' like substitues on the market to the hamster. I am currently studying to be a vet and have heard and come across a few horrible cases where the wool used in the nest becomes caught around their legs and essentially turns into a rope and cuts off blood supply. HORRIBLE!

Best thing would be to give hamsters an old toilet roll with a few layers of the tissue left on it. It provides hours of 'work' as they shred it, and bring it to the nest. The roll then gives them something to chew on and to hide it...not bad for something that was going to be thrown out!

Any more adivce just gimme a shout - id only be too happy to help out :)
    That sounds like very good advice.
    As you know the little guy is back with his family now and seems none the worse for his unexpected holiday.
    I was just so impressed at how industrious he was, working on the shredded paper and building the nest and then rearranging it all over again to hide his hoard of food! :)

I know the dangers of bedding getting caught around legs or necks, or being sharp and causing injuries if ingested.
    It's always good to highlight the dangers so people don't forget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Fair play Rancid, I'm sure you got fond of the little guy but at least he was lost and found, not tossed out.
    You're a good soul.

Advertisement