Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Question: Revs problem?!

• 03-07-2009 11:45pm

Hi, i don't know much about cars to be honest so i'll just explain what the problem is and hopefully get a result

Well the problem is when i start up the car, the rev's never hit 10 anymore and i need to apply a small bit of gas to maintain ignition, most of the time though it won't conk even if i don't push the gas, but the pointer just sways under 10 or holds a position lower then it. Sometimes it will conk, but only generally after i first start it up, i've had the car since October, and at first it only happened the odd time but now it's always like this. Very rarely the car will maintain 10 rev when in neutral

It's just i'm trying to sell the car now and i don't think it makes the car look favourably.... any ideas what it would be?, how to fix it, cost?

I mentioned it to my mechanic(who i bought it from) and he said it could be easily tuned up(or something to that effect) thing is though he was saying that just ojn the basis of what i said and he never looked at it, just trying to get a general view

Car's a Citroen Saxo(1997) if thats any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Bring it to your mechanic - if he said it's an easy job, get him to do it.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Very rarely the car will maintain 10 rev when in neutral
    Car's a Citroen Saxo(1997) if thats any help

I guess by 10 you mean 1000rpm...usally when you start up a car from
    cold the automatic choke should kick in till the temp of the engine rises
    and then automatic choke should knock off....maybe its a automatic choke fault....:confused:
    if it's a diesel then the cold start will pull the advance cable on the injector
    pump which brings up the revs to 1000 rpm...and around 800rpm after that.
    row.

esel wrote: »
    Bring it to your mechanic - if he said it's an easy job, get him to do it.

It was just he didn't really look at it so i just said i'd try get a quick answer here as i had a call about the car earlier so need to find out about it fast.

Advertisement