Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosan Glas

Options
  • 03-07-2009 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Gonna be moving in here soon, just wondering how much a taxi fare into town would be, if anyone knows? And is there a shortcut for walking or cycling towards the hospital? Cheers

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Taxi's were about €8 from eyre square at night when I lived there. 2 years ago. Prob about 10 will get you home. During the day, I can see them being alot more, traffic to and from westside is a nightmare. If your planning on getting a taxi in the morning to get to the hospital you will need to be early. traffic will be up to the entrance to Rosan glas at about 8.30ish. Could be ok if your leaving earlier, but still cycling will be much quicker.

If you need to drive in the morning, use this route. 15 mins will get you there, the straight road will take about 45mins in the morning.

Shortcut to the hostipal... its practically a straight road already, we cant bend space you know!

Cycling is quick BTW :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 adrndmond

Fixed fare cabs like Cara & Procabs are €7-€8 to the square.
    Taxis are usually €8-€10, but traffic can be brutal sometimes.

And although it doesn't go by the hospital, the red bus to/from Eyre Square has a bus-stop just outside the estate.

adrndmond wrote: »
    And although it doesn't go by the hospital, the red bus to/from Eyre Square has a bus-stop just outside the estate.
    Thats the 33 and 34 yeah? They go around by the back of the hospital, by the CSI, or 100m away from the Hospital traffic junction, hop off there and its only a 2 min walk into the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

i live in the area.. takes 25 mins to walk into town and about 15-20 mins to get to the hospital..
    the red bus (€1.80) has a regular weekday service weekends are a bit funny on times...
    a taxi will cost between €9 and €12 (depending on traffic) cabs between €7 and €9 (depending on company & driver)

no real short cuts to cycle or walk into town/hospital but they aren't that far away..

also if you work in the hospital i know that this estate has quite a few other residents that work there too.. might be worth askin about..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

The red bus will get you into work fine in the morning, but best of luck getting home or getting anywhere on weekends. Worst bus service in the country, absolute shower of scum.

also if you work in the hospital i know that this estate has quite a few other residents that work there too.. might be worth askin about..
    Yeah, my old housemates!

Advertisement